CHAPTER TEN

Around eight thirty (8:30)pm after dinner,Edward sat up on his bed talking to Octavia on phone. He sighed in frustration after cutting the phone.

Jacob knocked on his opened door and came inside. "What's wrong,neph? Why the look?" He asked taking a seat on the single couch opposite the bed.

Edward dropped his head on the edge of the bed and gazed at the ceiling sighing again.

"Remember when you told Octavia that I had a heart problem..." He turned to him.

"Yeah,what about it?"

"Turns out she's the one with the illness." He sent his gaze back to the ceiling with a sigh.

Jacob blinked trying to digest what Edward was blabbing. "You mean--"

"Yeah. And I think that's why she was concern when she heard I had a heart problem." He said bitterly. "Her conditions getting worse,if she doesn't get the transplant she'll die and the annoying part is that she's still thinking on making everyone happy."

"Wait,back up a bit. Where did you get this information?" Jacob who had been confused asked. "Maybe its just a--"

"I over heard her talking with her dad in her hospital room. Verified it myself too...what if she dies? Huh? I don't know what I would do without her." Edward said.

Jacob leaned forward. "Well like they say,there's always a solution to every problem."

Edward sat up and glanced at Jacob with his eyes lit up. "What do you mean?" He asked desperately.

Jacob leaned back on the couch. "Simple,just turn her."

There was silence between them for a few second with Edward giving Jacob an awkward look with his eyes narrowed.

"I'm joking you know. Stop giving me the creepy look." Jacob said.

"No,actually you might right. It isn't such a bad idea." Edward said considering it.

Jacob scoffed. "You're kidding right? Cause I am. I was just saying that to make you feel better a bit and even if you were to turn her,you need an alpha and T will never do that."

"Mom's not the only alpha remember. That's why I need your help in looking for one since I'm not yet allowed to attend the packs gathering." Edward said.

Jacob stood up. "Forget I ever suggest that. If Talia finds out,I'm dead. You and me both...so don't think too much about it. Good night." He said and head out. Since then the thought of turning Octavia didn't leave Edward's mind.

    The bell rang and the students started off to class while the student president and the school member head to the tutor centre to have a meeting for the homecoming dance.

    When Edward arrived,first thing he wanted to do was check on Octavia in class but he was already late for his early morning practice. He checked his wrist watch then made up his mind to go see Octavia first.

As he placed his hand on the door knob to enter the class,the coach came from a corner and called his name. Edward bit his lower lips and grumbled some curses under his breath then let go of the knob and turned to the coach.

"Yes coach." He said.

The coach stopped one stepped away from him. "You're late."

"Yes,I was about to--"

"Really? Me too,let go." The coach said and pulled him away.

Octavia sat by the window side her gaze at the doorway wondering where Edward was. She couldn't help but have negative thoughts, out of thousands things that could've  happened to him,she didn't know which.