CHAPTER EIGHT

A week later,during fifth period, Octavia was seated in the library going through some books alone on the desk while some students were also busy reading some novels,some were seated beside the book shelf writing or doing something or the other and the librarian was seated at his desk at a corner.

"Hey!" Edward said quietly taking his sit opposite her.

Octavia gently lift her brows to glance at him. "Hi." She said weakly that he could hardly hear.

Edward narrowed his eyes studying her and saw how pale her face was,cold sweat faintly around her forehead. He could hear her heartbeat pounding steadily and weakly,her breathing too was intense.

"Are you alright?" He asked with his worried look.

"I'm fine." She said again weakly.

"No you're not!" Edward yelled.

"Shh! Quiet!" The librarian hush him with his index finger placed on his lips.

Edward nodded to the librarian then brought his gaze back to Octavia whose focus was on the book. He leaned closer. "If you're then how do you explain your pale face?"

She rolled her eyes weakly and lift her head up giving Edward a slight smile. "I stayed up all night studying that's all,so don't worry."

"But--"

"Please Edward,don't butt into my case. It not a big deal." She said as gently as she could.

Edward shook his head couldn't quite place the tone Octavia used or was meant to use. He took a quick glance at her and saw that her lips were dried and had small cuts but didn't say a word.

"I'm going to class." She got on her feet pulling the chair back and head towards the book shelves to drop the books she took. Edward stood up and followed behind wanting to know what's getting her so tensed...and what she's hiding.

Octavia made a sharp turn towards the biology book shelf, she walked about five(5) second then stopped and so did he.

Why did she stop? He wondered. His eyes widened incredulously as he saw Octavia falling to the ground,he quickly ran towards her and held her head before it could hit the ground. He dropped her head on his laps and cupped her faced looking at her unconscious state.

"Octavia,wake up. What's wrong." He said but didn't panic. Some student gathered there instantly while some went and called the librarian.

    Octavia weakly opened her eyes to the white coloured ceiling. The room was filled of light,then her gaze shift to her dad who was seated beside her bed.

"Dad..."

"Hey sweety. How're you feeling?" Mr Beauchamps asked.

"Fine. Where am I?" She asked sitting up with the help of her dad.

"At the hospital. Can't you remember? You were rushed here when you collapsed at school."

At that moment her eyes went wide open as she bolt up. "Where's Edward? Did you tell him anything? Is he still here? How did--"

"Hold on your horses." Her dad interrupted. "One at a time please."

Octavia sat back taking a deep breath trying to calm herself. She gave her dad a look waiting for his answer.

"Edward? You mean the kid who brought you here,he should be at the hall. Wait..." Mr Beauchamps narrowed his eyes. "Is he perhaps your boyfriend?"

"Did you tell him anything?" She asked ignoring her dad's question.