CHAPTER FOUR

Octavia woke up and got out of her four poster bed,rushed into the bathroom, took her bath. Few minutes later she came out wearing a towel with one over her head. She dried her hair and dressed up in a short and a pink sleeveless top then went downstairs. She gave her eight year old sister who was seated at the dinning table a peck then sent her gaze to her dad who was preparing breakfast in the Italian kitchen.
"Morning dad" she greeted
"Morning sweety. Do you want waffles or French toast?" He asked turning the egg on the frying pan.
"Spanish omelet." She said.
"That's not in the option." Claire her sister said.
Octavia smiled at her. "I know sweety. Anyways I'm going to the mall. I think I'll have to pass on the breakfast,but I still wanna eat Spanish omelet dad."
Mr Beauchamps,Octavias dad has been a single parent since his wife passed away while giving birth to Claire and hasn't thought of remarrying. He loves to cook and works as an engineer but he's taking a few weeks off to spend time with his kids.
Octavia went towards the door then came back after remembering something. "Ah,dad," she called out
Her dad turned to her." Yeah,"
"Last night I dreamt that I was hit by a big anaconda. What does it mean?" She asked.
Her dad raised his brows. "Did it hurt?"
"Very much."
"Did you bleed?"
"A lot," she said anxiously
Her dad thought for a while which made Octavia more anxious to know what the dream meant. He smiled. "It probably just a dream sweety." He said
She scoffed. "Ah...what's this." She said and head out of the house.
"What does it mean?" Claire asked
"Perhaps she'll meet someone she's been dying to see." Mr Beauchamps said to Claire.

And he was right. At the mall when Octavia was looking for stacks of under wears,she knocked over a guy and he fell.
"I'm sorry." She apologised. As he stood up and turned,the guy turned out to be Edward. They both stood there surprised to see each other. "You!"she yelled. "What are you doing here?"
"Shopping. Its a mall after all." He replied cockily.
"No I mean why aren't you in bed...resting? Heard you have a heart problem, are you feeling better now?" She asked.
"Now that I've seen you, I am." He said with a light smile
Octavia smiled shyly then it vanished sharply. She turned and start walking away. Edward followed.
"Where are you going?" He asked blocking her way. "Whats wrong?" He added.
" I just remembered that tomorrow you'll just ignore me like you did before."
"What do you mean by before?" He asked curiously.
"Few days ago,you ran over me in school at the hallway but you didn't stop nor apologise. You just passed me by like I'm a statue."
It took Edward a while before remembering the incident. "That was you? I'm really sorry, I was in a rush that's why I didn't notice. But wait..." He narrowed his eye. "I could say the same for you. When you saw me at the lunch table, why did you pass me by without a word? He asked.
She blinked. "Thought you forgot about me already."
He smiled. "Beats me." He said. "Our minds are kind of thinking the same. Wow! Words of wisdom."
"Anyway I'm sorry." She apologised.
"Me too. Let's start over," He held out a hand. "Hi, I'm Edward Bale and you are?"
She took the hand held to her."Octavia Beauchamps."
"Friends?"he asked.
"Friends."
They shopped together and in the process got to know a bit about each other. When they were done,Edward escorted her to the parking lot outside the mall where her car was.
"Do you need a ride?" She asked not sure if that's the right thing to do.
"No thanks. My uncle will be here in a sec. Oh and also I don't have any heart problem. I'm healthy as a horse,my uncle just made that up to pull your legs." He said.
"How embarrassing. I can't believe how stupid I must have acted."
He grinned. "Nah,it was cool." He couldn't stop smiling.
Octavia got into her car. "Bye." She said softly and drove off.

    On Monday after lunch break,the basketball team were in the gym practicing while Octavia was in the music class alone also practicing. Octavia sat down playing the viola with her eyes closed which came off smooth and soft also interesting that it could pierce into any bodies heart even a cold hearted person.
Edward who was practicing was listening to the music with his super natural hearing ability. A smile came to his face as he listened. He dropped the ball and excused himself,took his backpack and head out of the gym to the boys locker room where he had a change of clothes and head to music class. He leaned against the open door frame admiring the way Octavia was handling the bow and playing with her eyes closed,he couldn't stop smiling.
Octavia dropped her hand as her eyes opened. "Why are you looking?" She looked up at him.
He smiled. "I'm listening. I'm I disturbing you?" He asked mildly.
"No. I've a laser eye concentration. Nothing can make me loose my focus." She said cockily and started playing.
"Nothing?" He asked walking closer to her.
"Nothing." She replied not loosing her smile.
Edward went behind her and tucked her beautiful wavy dark hair behind her ears slowly. He leaned and brushed his lips gently over her ears ticklishly.
"I hate you." She murmured admitting that he broke her concentration.
Edward lift a brow behind her. "You love me." He said.
"I hate you." She said again.
Edward slowly sat beside her turning her to face him. His smile vanished. "You love me." He said sharply and seriously.
By seeing his face all moody she nodded reluctantly. Edward smiled,before Octavia could do anything, she felt a warm wet soft substance on her lips. They both closed their eyes as they kissed passionately. Few seconds later they broke apart breathing sharply, their temple glued to each others with their eyes half closed facing the floor. Edward lifted his head and sat up well.
"Wow!" He said breathlessly.
Octavia lift her brows. "Words of wisdom?" She asked jokingly.
"No,I mean...wow" he said as he concentrated on putting his stuffs that fell out of his backpack back.
Octavia bite her lower lips sharply and smiled. As Edward lift his head, he saw how Octavia tossed her hair back sharply with a daring smile. His heart started pounding. He placed his right hand to his chest. Whats wrong with me? Why is here beating fast? He thought as he breathed sharply. He couldn't sit there without touching her as much as he want to,he has to stay away for now. He sharply got to his feet. Octavia lifted her head up and saw that he was starring at her breathlessly. "Whats wrong?" She asked.
"N-nothing." He managed to force his voice out.
"Your backpack's unzip." She said
"I know. I gotta go." He said bristly and sharply head out almost falling down.
Octavia smiled. It pleased her enormously to know what has broken his concentration. She checked the time and saw that it was time for algebra. She stood up,took her backpack and head out.
After school Edward didn't know how to face Octavia or what to say to her, so he didn't bother to talk to her. He went to the parking lot where Jacob was waiting in the car. Jacob start the ignition as Edward sat down and closed the car door then drove out of the school.