Enigma (Part 1) - Under 6 Minutes

Thought I'd do some Alan Turing x Reader! I love him so much and I thought this would be perfect for some imagines! I know he's gay, and yes we'll get to that; this is more of a very very good friendship going on, with lots of fluff and sweet moments!!

I did James from Third Star, and maybe I'll do a couple more movie characters (such as Rory Slippery [Fortysomething; that's coming soon] David [Wreckers; great movie], Khan [may/may not have a separate book for this], Smaug, Dr. Strange [may/may not have a separate book for this], Edmund Talbot [to the ends of the earth; great show!!]).

---

Trying to smooth your hair over your face, you finally manage to make it inside; unfortunately - as always - you were late. You try not to draw too much attention to yourself. As a woman in a room filled with men, that was next to impossible. As an introvert, you hated drawing attention to yourself. Again, that was next to impossible because Mr. Turing was in the middle of explaining the test. Shit. You internally cursed, as Mr. Turing looked up at you, almost annoyed.

"H-hello..." You say awkwardly, as - of course - the men in the room look at you as if you have 6 eyes. "S-sorry I'm late..."

"M'am you're not allowed to be in here. This room is restricted for candidates. Secretaries are upstairs." A security officer said, beginning to walk towards you.

"I-I am a candidate. I apologize for my tardiness. With the bombing there are 10 pot-holes in the road."

"Can I please get on with this?" Mr. Turing said irritably, so you looked towards the officer with a bit of annoyed look on your face.

"For what position are you a candidate for?"

"The letter said it was top secret."

"Excuse me but what is going on over here?" Mr. Turing comes over to us, looking annoyed, but his facial features were soft. His multicolored eyes sparkled in the dim light of the room, he was taller than expected, his suit hugging his skinny form perfectly.

"There was a crossword in the paper. I solved it. I got a letter saying I was a candidate for some mysterious job. So here I am. My name is (Y/Full/N)." You hand the letter to the security officer, he looked at it with confusion.

"Miss, did you really solve this puzzle yourself?"

"What makes you think I couldn't have solved the puzzle myself?"

"Miss (L/N). I find tardiness unacceptable under any circumstance. Now take a seat, so we may continue." Alan nearly interrupted you, so you nodded and hurried to your seat, sitting down next to a tall man as he looked down at you with his brow furrowed. "Miss (L/N). You now have the distinct honor of having wasted more of my time than any other person in this room." He shoots you a glare, and for some reason you smirked back, finding yourself filled with some sort of confidence that you felt very rarely. "Quiet. Gentlemen. And lady. You have six minutes. Begin."

Without much explanation, you looked down at the notebook in front of you and the testing sheet to the side of you. You concluded that you could figure it out yourself, and picked up your pencil.

---

Around 5 minutes later, you had completed the test with a small breath of relief, getting up from the chair and walking over to Mr. Turing, who was muttering to one of his friends before you came up. You cleared your throat almost silently, and he looked up from his conversation, his eyes widening as he saw you. "Are you finished?"

"Erm... yes."

"Are you sure you filled out all the questions?"

"You said to do it in under 6." You said silently, hunching your shoulders over your ears a bit, your anxiety was coming back. He looked down at the test and then back up to you. It took a moment before he smiled fondly at you, making you blush and smile back. He seemed taken aback by your kindness, bouncing on his toes and muttering a thank you.