James...? (Part 3) - A Morphine Toast

Here we go guys. This is the last part of this series, I hope you enjoy. I've already broken down in tears by looking at this gif. 

This is extremely sad, so please skip it if it's too sad.

---

You didn't let him sleep. Like you said, you couldn't. If you did then you'd waste hours with him that you'd never get back. You held his hand and placed your head on his chest, listening to the steady beating of his heart.

"James." You whispered as he draped his arm around you and held you close for one last time. "I'm scared." You started shaking, so he held your body closer to his bare chest.

"I know..." He whispered, stroking your hair and lacing your fingers with his. "You don't have to come with me, (Y/N)."

"But I do. I know it's what you want. I haven't been as grateful as I should've been about this trip, and spending the time with you, and now... I won't have you any more." Your voice broke, so he shushed you lovingly while rubbing soothing circles around your stomach. You buried your head into his neck and quietly sobbed.

"I've been a prick this whole trip. Criticizing you on how you live your life when I never really had control of mine in the first place. I'm glad I got to spend these moments with you, and the boys, and I'll always be there. Always." You smiled, the tears still spilling out of your eyes and hitting his bare shoulder. 

You didn't want to do this, you really didn't. But you couldn't tell him that, and you knew for a fact that the boys didn't want to do it; they would watch by the shore, silently cursing themselves and twitching because they want to do something, but they can't. They know the agony, they know the pain, they know the suffering. So... they have to Let Him Swim.

"I love you." You whispered into his neck, and you felt him smile, and he brought your face up to meet his.

"I love you too, (Y/N). More than I can describe. I'm sorry I have to do this to you, I really really am." His eyes glazed over and his vision became fuzzy, but he could still see you clearly. You were his light, blinding most of the time, still glowing when sad, or angry, or when you punched that twat who punched James, tackling him to the ground. Needless to say you came out with more cuts and bruises than necessary, while James sat there with a swollen and bloody lip, laughing about the whole affair.

"I won't be able to live with myself when I do this." You said as he still cupped your face. You leaned into his hands and put your hands on top of his, smiling at the contact. "Come on." You whispered,making him look at you with a tilted head. "Let's get you dressed."

"Are you sure you want that?" He smirked, but you couldn't laugh, you could barely smile. Your entire body was shaking with fear and despair.

"I most certainly do not, but I'd rather save the boys time by looking at your dick when we bury you."

"C'mere you little..." He teased, sitting up and reaching his arm out to pull you back to his chest with a squeal. You hovered over him and couldn't help but smile at how cute he was; he tucked your hair behind your ear and looked deep into your eyes sweetly. 

You leaned down and placed a sweet kiss on his lips, making him smile and giggle. He held both sides of your face and pulled you deeper into the kiss while he shifted his wounded leg underneath the sleeping bag so you weren't going to hurt it. You put the rest of your body weight onto him, making him groan into your mouth and pull you closer to him. "God I love you." He whispered against your lips while you raked your fingers through his mussed up hair.  

"It's impossible not to get attached to you, James Griffith." You said, giving him a tight-lipped smile and tilting your head slightly. 

"It's impossible not to get attached to you, (Y/N) (L/N)."