First Date

You are a ninja

"Kakashi where are you taking me?" you say just letting the silver haired shinobi guide you through what seemed to be some thick bushes.

"We're almost there Y/N..." he says sounding reassuring and it almost puts your mind at ease.

Almost.

You are a ninja first and foremost and this was your first date with Kakashi so you obviously couldn't trust the man completely, especially when you didn't know what he had up his sleeve.

"Alright, I get that this is supposed to be a surprise or whatever but I think I know where we are." You bite your lip as you say it recognizing the familiar scent of trees and Kakashi stops walking which makes you stop walking as well.

"Well we're here so there's no point in making you wait any longer," He unravels the blindfold and you see that your on top of a pretty high hill.

The stars shine bright and you almost gasp at how beautiful and bright they are, down at the village the stars don't seem like much, but tonight on an almost full moon with Kakashi...they shine the brightest you've ever seen.

A picnic is set up with a little blanket and you turn around to face Kakashi who was obviously awaiting your reaction.

"Ehh. I've been on better dates." You shrug your shoulders and watch as his face falls slightly before returning to its usual mundane expressionless self.

"Oh-," He starts, a hint of disappointment in his voice, so little you can barely hear it.

"I'm kidding! It's absolutely gorgeous and breathtaking. I didn't know we had such beautiful things in the Hidden Leaf."

He breathes a sigh of relief.

"That's the first thing I thought when I saw you." He rubs the back of his neck giving a little smile.

You give a laugh and blush super hard.

"I bet you say that to every girl you bring up here. I've heard a lot about you Mr.Copy Ninja, how you break girls hearts' left and right, and how you can practically smooth talk your way out of every situation-"

"Actually you're the only girl I've ever brought here to my 'special place'."

By this point you've both sat down and are eating the little sandwiches he packed with care.

You guys talk all night and share stories of crazy missions gone wrong, ICHA ICHA book predictions, and your childhoods.

"Woah, your sensei was the fourth?" He nods, smiles and looks at the stars.

"It's true, everything they say about him. He was an amazing teacher, and shinobi."

"You know, he actually gave me my worst mission." You say ready to tell the story of how you almost got kidnapped and became the princess of a small country in the middle of nowhere.

"Tell me more," he practically demands sounding super interested.

You've never felt such a deep and instant connection to someone before so the fact that he, the famous Kakashi of the Sharingan even gave you a drop of attention surprised you.

You definitely weren't the prettiest person or kunoichi and your personality was quite average,  but you and him just clicked. It felt so right and you just prayed that he felt the same way.

....

You wake up in your bed and shoot up quickly. This was not the same surroundings you knew you fell asleep to..unless...it was a dream?

You rub your eyes and let out a tired yawn, you had to meet with the Hokage around 10:00am for a new mission.

You're about to start getting ready when a little note on your nightstand catches your attention.

Sorry about not waking you up if that's what you would have preferred but you're a real deep sleeper. I found your keys in your pocket and they should be next to this note. Anyway I really enjoyed our date last night and I hope that we could go on another one soon.

                                  -Kakashi.

Your heart flutters at the words on the sheet of paper.

His handwriting was neither too neat or too sloppy.

What he said was not too desperate or too aloof.

You guys were not too alike or too different.

How he was... was just perfect.

Perfect for you.