Chapter 47

I got up off the couch and was about to walk away but Brad grabbed onto my wrist making me stop. I turned around and looked at him. I could see the guilt in his eyes. I honestly felt bad for him because I know this must be hard for him. I probably shouldn't be acting like such a bitch to him right now but I can't help it. I'm mad and really sad about this whole situation. I don't want to walk away from him because it hurts me to do that but I think I need some time away from him. At least until he figures this all out and sorts things out with his ex girlfriend.

"Brad let go."

"Please just stay with me." He begged.

"I don't want to ruin this perfectly good night. Can this just wait? I need some time to think."

He pulled me into him and wrapped his arms around me. I did the same to him.

"I'm so sorry Kali. Does this mean your done with me?"

I pulled away from him and starred into his eyes. "No but you should figure this whole thing out between you and Anna before you talk to me again."

He sighed. "Alright."

I walked off leaving him alone. I let out a long breath. I can't believe he got his ex pregnant. I hate Anna. I hate her so much but I guess it's not all her fault it's also Brad's.

Now I can't stop thinking about this. Should I even try this relationship with Brad? He's going to be a dad with someone else's kid. He will be around Anna a lot more now. They will end up together eventually.

I walked over to the table where Carter is at. I sat next to him. He put his arm around my shoulders and kissed the side of my head. "You okay? You seem a little down."

"I'm fine." I lied.

"Come with me. I want to show you something." He stood up and held out his hand. I grabbed onto his hand and he helped me up. We were walking far out from the party and towards the beach.

"You're not like planning my death or something?" I questioned because he brought me over to a dark area where nobody is in sight.

He chuckled. "No just watch."

"Watch what?" And just like that fireworks started going off in the dark sky. This might seem cheesy but it actually was beautiful. "You like it?" He asked.

I looked over at him and smiled. "Yeah it's beautiful."

"Just like you."

"Carter! That was so cheesy! Oh my gosh." I laughed.

He rubbed the back of his neck. "I know it really was." He chuckled.

"But it still made me smile." I moved closer to him. He wrapped his arms around me. We starred into each other eyes. "So are you going to kiss me yet?" I asked.

"I mean I could but this whole situation will just be even more cheesier."

"I don't mind."

He smirked and pressed his soft lips to mine lightly nipping. I smile into the kiss yet refuse to break it. He lingers before finally pulling back leaving me breathless.

"We should probably get back before they send a search party out for us." He said.

I sighed. "Okay let's go." He grabbed onto my hand and intertwined our fingers.

"You're walking so slow." He glanced over his shoulder at me.

"Well that's because I have sandals on and I'm walking in sand!"

He chuckled. "Here get on princess." He let go of my hand and bent down. I got onto his back. He stood back up and started walking towards the party.

"Thank you." I kissed his cheek.

"No problem beautiful."

Vote/Fan/Comment💕