Chapter 2

"Oh hello honey!" Mom smiled.

"Hi mom." I smiled back but my smile soon faded away when I saw her and John getting all touchy towards each other. They began to kiss and I looked away.

"Ew gross old people kissing." Bradley walked in and grabbed a juice box out of the fridge.

"Hey! We aren't that old." John defended himself and my mom.

"Mhmm sure..whatever makes me you sleep at night." Bradley sipped on his juice box and rolled his eyes.

"Bradley stop being so rude and go cook the hamburgers. Oh and take Kali with you. You two can get to know each other." John smiled.

"Why do I have to cook the hamburgers? And who said I wanted to get to know her?" Bradley threw his empty juice box away. He rubbed a hand through his hair. John glared at him. He sighed. "Alright. Come on Katy."

"It's Kali." I corrected him.

"Whatever." He mumbled walking out of the kitchen and through the back door onto the back patio outside. I followed him out sighing to myself. I would much rather not spend my time with him. He already seems like an ass.

"Ahhh!" A little kid running around the yard yelled as a dog chased him around. "Ahhh!"

"Um...is that the other one?" I asked.

"Of us? Yes. That's Noah." Bradley turned on the grill and starred at me.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Can you go get the hamburgers from John and get a spatula too."

"Why do I have to go get the stuff?"

"Because I said so."

I rolled my eyes and walked inside. I made my way to the kitchen. John was no where in sight neither was my mom but Shawn and Luke were.

"Hey guys." I said. They both turned their heads in my direction. A smile appeared on both of their faces.

"Hey Kali." Luke said.

"Where were you?" Shawn asked.

"Outback with Bradley. I came in here to get the hamburgers and a spatula from John." I said.

"Oh yeah. There right over there." Shawn pointed over at the table. I walked over and picked up the plate of hamburger meat. Shawn gave me a spatula.

"Thanks." I said.

"No problem."

"Do you know where my mom went?"

"She went upstairs with my dad doing who knows what."

I crinkled my nose in disgust. "Ew."

"You have a dirty mind." Shawn smirked shaking his head at me.

"Hey you know you were thinking the same thing." I said.

"Yeah...I was." He chuckled and then continued cooking.

I walked out of the kitchen and to the back door. I tapped the door with my foot because my hands were full. Bradley came over and stood in front of the see through sliding glass door. He starred at me for a few seconds until I got inpatient. "Open the door." I said.

"No."

"Why not? I cant open it my hands are full."

"Say the magic word." He said.

"Magic word? Are you still in second grade?"

"Say the magic word." He repeated.

"Please!"

"Nope it's Brad's the best and he's really hot."

"Are you serious? Now you are seriously acting like an immature child."

"Say it."

"No. Open the door!"

"Say it." He repeated.

I groaned. "Fine! Brad's the best and he's really hot."

He smirked and finally opened the door. I sighed as I handed him the plate of hamburger meat. He sat it down on the little counter part of the grill.

"What was the point of even making me say that?" I asked.

"To get on your nerves." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes.

"You know you have to help me shape this meat into hamburgers." He looked over at me.

"What? No way."

"What are you scared of hamburger meat?" He asked.

"No it's just gross."

"But you eat it?" He questioned.

"Yeah but I just don't like raw meat."

"I really don't care if you don't like raw meat. You're still helping me. If you don't I'll rub my hands on you after I'm done touching the raw meat." He threaten. I glared at him.

"No you wouldn't."

"Try me." He gave me a challenging stare. I swallowed hard.

"Fine I will help you.." I hissed.

After making the hamburgers Bradley and I walked into the kitchen. Bradley sat the plate of hamburgers in the middle of the table where all the other food was.

~°~

Bradley started putting food on his plate not caring to wait for his dad and my mom.

"Really Brad you couldn't have waited?" Luke said.

"I'm starving and they are taking too long." Bradley said. We all nodded in agreement of Bradley being right. We all just started eating not waiting for my mom or John who will probably come down and yell at us but we were starving and the food might get cold if we wait any longer.

"Kali are you one of my brothers girlfriend?" Noah asked. I shook my head no.

"No I am not." I said.

"Oh are you their friends?" He asked.

"Umm..." I had no clue what I was to  them.

"She's my friend." Luke saved me and I flashed him a small smile and he flashed me one back.

"Oh boy! Kali can you be my friend too?" Noah smiled.

"Of course." I smiled.

"Yay! Me an Lukey have a pretty friend." He shouted. All the boys laughed and so did I.

"Yes we do. High five!" Luke high five Noah and we continued to eat. Mom and John came down and ate with us for a few minutes until us kids were all done eating but they made us stay and talk even though we were finished. They finally let us all go and I went straight to my room but not before bumping into Carter.

"We got to stop meeting like this." I sighed as I took a step back so we had space in between each other.

"First day and you are already all over me." He smirked. I rolled my eyes and laughed at what he said.

"I am not all over you." I crossed my arms.

"Relax buttercup. I was only joking."

"Buttercup?"

"Don't worry it's not my nickname for you."

"Good."

"Well...it was nice running into you and all but I should get ready for bed."

"Oh yeah...me too." I walked passed him.

"Goodnight Kali."

I looked over my shoulder to see him looking at me. "Goodnight Carter." I smiled and kept walking.

Vote

Fan

Comment

(:

x