Disturbance

Days trickled away with each stirring zephyr, sending time flying. Here, in the first norm, time seemed to ooze from our fingers like soft sand, something so hard to control.

And as I finally declared my first month in this prestigious academy at a close, I realized how much I'd been through. How much pain and late nights. But it was all for a greater purpose.

For an entire month of training, Ramos made me endure more than I would have imagined in first place. Each day, before sun birthed, I would be outside, jogging. And when I wasn't running, I would be lifting boxes and heavy materials both physically and magically. When classes were done, I would meet with either Ramos or one of his personal aides to study diverse subjects. Subjects that extended from politics and noble families to magic and history.

And within the span of such a short time, I was close to end the entire three years programs. Surpassing everybody in magic and strength, it became harder to pass unseen.

Perhaps the things I enjoyed most were reading and learning about my parents. About their past. And when we had free time, Ramos would tell me of how it felt to watch my mother grow underneath his eyes.

With ultimate secrecy, the court leader had brought me a small picture, sewn by magic, representing my parents. He had told me before that I was a fatal blur between them, but it was as I stared at it did I understand.

By first sight, I had taken after my mother greatly, carrying the same silk, black tailbone hair, white skin and round-shaped face. And whenever I saw the dimples dotting my mouth on the reflection of the mirror, I saw hers.

From my father, I had taken the piercing, almond-shaped, emerald eyes. Both we carried the same dominating air. And as my mother had calmness reflecting in the blueness of her eyes, Father's broad shoulders and dark blond hair made him a total opposite.

And, like the sun and the moon they were, they found harmony in their every moment.

''... after the recruitment of the twelve judges and juries, the court under the rule of King Gavin decided, with majority, that execution was not to be used in punishing those who had betrayed their countries under influence, unless being demons that had already decided to kneel for the darkness and the envy that comes with the power-''

Ramos raised his hand, and I stopped reciting. It was one of the great fifteen laws written by the court of the fifth king. The same laws that were still used until this day.

"You have achieved everything I gave you. I think you deserve to return to your room and rest,'' said Ramos, writing something on his compendium. I was shocked at first, seeing how early it was. In other days, I would spend a few more hours with him.

''This is all for today?''

"Yes, but before you go, I have a matter to discuss with you.''

''I am all ears,'' I said as I watched him pull something from his drawer.

''By tomorrow's morning, as I believe you heard,  the awaited exams start. Having not attended the first trimester, I thought of explaining it to you. The exams last four days exactly, and most hopefully, results will be out in two to four days after it.''

''First day is common to all. Non-magical tests take place where you show what you'd learnt in history, politics, and such. Only the first and second years will have alchemy on this day.''

''On the second, all classes will have to pass through non-fighting matters. Named, they are illusion, transformation, single archery where you only shoot at a mentioned target, not a duel in any means.

''Some more will be up; you will see by yourself. Third and forth will have alchemy while your year will be doing a split of elementals. This division is necessary to keep everything secured and under our eyes.