Chapter 16• Tears

At some point I had cried myself to sleep, waking up even more tired then when I started. I could feel my puffy eyes that burned from sobbing, my mouth dry as well. But nothing had changed, I still hated Elizabeth Swan. The woman who started out as my best friend. The woman who sent my brother to his death.

I could tell William wanted to ask if I was alright but opted against it, it would be an idiotic question anyways.

Looking around the fog covered river with my sore eyes, the thick greenery immediately telling me where we were headed. Tia Dalma's.

"I'm sorry about Jack." Elizabeth spoke, laying a hand on my leg. I looked up at her with glaring eyes.

"I'm not the one who has to live with the guilt. Guilt that will eat away at you for the rest of your life. Because you killed your friend. You murdered a good man."

"Charlotte-"
"Get your hand off me of before I bite it off and shove it so far up your arse you'll choke on it." I hissed, her hand flying off of me in an instant. With that, we left it in an eerie silence. Only hearing the soft current of the water and the frogs in it.

Around us, a tribe stood in the water holding up still candles, the golden light revealing their dark faces. They stood respectively, solemn looks on their beautiful faces. They stood in the forests and trees. A beautiful tribute to my brother, Tia would know.

We made it inside the treehouse, Tia already having tea ready for us. "Do you have a washroom?" I asked, wanting to hide away for hours and just sit in a bath.

"A warm bath has already been drawn for you dear, and clothes set out." Tia informed leading me to a closed door. When I opened it it had a cracked and slightly dirty mirror and a sink. Well, a wooden bowl with a hole in the middle that drained into the river. The facet was a large jar with a nozzle for you pressed on for water and pushed up when you didn't need any more.

Plants of different colors hung around from the ceiling and off the tub. Nothing had looked more inviting.

The door shut behind me and I stripped myself of clothes, getting into the warmed bath eagerly. The sides easily covered my breasts so I didn't have much worry of anyone coming on accident and seeing, but at this point I didn't care.

I thought I had run out of tears, but more just kept streaming down my face. It felt like a piece of myself had been ripped away. I would no longer be Jack's first mate.

I'd never hear him call me Little Lotte again.

Or get a hug from him even though he smelled all of the time.

I wouldn't even see his drunken walk or listen to him call me his little sister.

I never realized how much I took him for granted and even if he was a selfish bastard, he loved me. He looked out for me. I didn't even get to say goodbye.

I trued to scrub away the thoughts with the soap on the edge of the bath, trying to rid myself of any bad thought. It obviously didn't work but at least at this point my tears were really good at lathering the soap.

I finished and proceeded to wash my mangled hair and after that, I knew I should have probably gotten out but I didn't want to. I sat in the water with my knees tucked in my chest, my chin on my knee with my arms wrapped around them.

I didn't want to go outside. Outside they were tributing my brother. "Never another like Jack." I heard Raggetti speak the truest words of the night.

I sat in the bath until the water had become cold, my fingertips wrinkled. A knock sounded at the door. "Love?"

I sighed, rolling my eyes. "Just come in Will."