Chapter 2•We're Pirates

"On your feet!" I heard the Commodore shout and his men drew swords on us.
"No! Not Charlie!" Elizabeth intervene, yanking my arm to pull me towards herself and her father. "Besides, do you really intend to kill my rescuers?"

Jack paid a praying gesture making me smile. The Commodore sheathed his sword holding out his hand towards my brother, of which I eyed warily. "We're innocent in this, so put your swords down idiots." I snapped, pushing a sword out of my face.

"I believe thanks are in order." Jack shook the Commodore's hand, only the man to pull for his sleeve up his arm, revealing his Pirate mark. I tensed in Elizabeth's hold, preparing to fight.

"Hang him." The governor ordered. Elizabeth's father pulled me from her grasp, tossing me towards the armed men. I went to take a swing at them, not before a gun was pressed at the back of my head. Rolling my eyes, I relaxed myself slightly.
"Get the girl. Keep your guns on them."
"No. The girl is my mere wench I kidnaped. She had nothing to do with this." Jack said his eyes filled with worry  aimed towards me. As mine were with him.

I knew to keep quiet or Jack would surely hang me himself. The Commodore pulled up his sleeve further. I lurched forward, only to be pulled back once more. Tired of being manhandled, I shoved my elbow into whoever was holding my, making them groan in pain. "Keep your hands off of me." I spat, turning to to doubled over soldier.

"Well well. Jack Sparrow." The Commodore sneered.
"Captain!" I corrected. "Captain Jack Sparrow."

"Where is his ship then?" He turned towards me, amusement in his eyes.
"He's in the market!" I returned smartly.

The two guards quickly told of Jack's plans and handed my brother's belongings toward the Commodore. As he searched his stuff the he concluded, "You are without doubt the worst pirate I have ever heard of."
"But you have heard of me."

"Don't you have a sister?" The commodore pried. "The infamous one. Mostly known for being better than you." Awe. How sweet. I resisted the urge to smirk towards my brother.

"Ah yes but she is busy at the moment. I'll tell her you dropped by. Besides, she's really not all that great." Jack sarcastically replied.
"Well sir, I do respectfully disagree. She always did best you in duels." I said, playing in my part of his wench.
"Well you saw me going easy on her of course."

"I don't think I did, you have lousy footwork.
"Weren't you too busy swabbing the deck to really know what you saw?"
"Enough!"

The commodore quickly snatched Jack by the arm, leading him to the jailhouse. clearly agitated by our petty argument. Elizabeth and I quickly ran after him. "Pirate or not this man saved my life." Elizabeth reminded as he handcuffed Jack.

"One good deed is not enough to redeem a man of a lifetime wickedness."

The man stepped away from the handcuffs and Jack quickly sprung into action wrapping the chain around Elizabeth's neck. I knew he wouldn't harm her, Jack's bark as always been worse than his bite.

"No! No! Don't shoot!" Mr.Swann shouted.
"I knew you'd warm up to him." I cheerily commented walking towards Jack's side. He smiled down at me, grateful with my actions.

"B-but Ms.Faye-" The governor started.
"I have to stay loyal to him. I'd take my chances with the gallows than with him." I said going along with Jack's plans. I earned a few sorry glances and I bit back a sarcastic remark.

"Commodore Norrington, my things, please." Jack ordered adding in, "And my hat."

When they did nothing Jack shouted again, "Commodore!" The group acted on his wishes, handing him his things  which he then made Elizabeth put on him. I only heard him say, "Oh watch the goods love."
"Elizabeth I am so sorry about him." I apologized placing my face in the palms of my hands for a moment.