Chapter 6•To Freedom

"What's going on?" I asked Gibbs.
"The Black Pearl! She's gaining on us!" He answered. I made my way up to Ana.

Elizabeth scurried beside me, "This is the fastest ship in the Caribbean!"
"You can tell them that after they've caught us!" I snapped taking over the wheel.

"We're shallower on the draft right?" Elizabeth questioned us.
"Aye." We answered question written on our face.
"Well then we can loose them on the reefs!" Elizabeth said.

"We don't have to run from 'em long! Jus' long enough!" Gibbs said. I steered us in the right path as Ana gave orders and took the wheel back so I could help them.

"What shall I do?" Elizabeth asked.
"Help take anything we can afford to loose and loose it. Oh and give that pirate medallion to Will please." I said climbing up the mainmast.

"Even the rum?" She asked I paused.
"Leave some of it!" I called down. She nodded scurrying to give the medallion to Will first.

"THEIR BRINGING OUT THE SWEEPS!" I yelled to the crew seeing it through my telescope. "FASTER!"

I made my way down as we slowed from the waves crashing against us creating an opposing current.

"It was a good plan, until now." Ana spat at Elizabeth. I quickly punched her side making her wince in pain.

"She was helping. So shut your mouth before I give you to the sharks." I warned. She nodded apologizing to Lizzy.

"We can't outrun them." I told the crew who had gathered around. Will stood by my side.

"We must fight." He spoke.
"With what?" Elizabeth answered.
"Anything that hasn't gone overboard yet." He replied and I nodded thinking about it.

"It's our best shot! You heard the man! Off you go!" I shouted and they did as they were told.

"Their going to take us down without ever giving a target." Gibbs muttered.
"Lower the anchor to the right." I said.
"On the Starboard side!"Elizabeth added.

"Certainly has the element of surprise." Will said.
"YOUR DAFTLY!" Ana roared. "All of you!"

"As was Jack and he was the best Captain that will ever be." I told her as Gibbs did what we suggested.

I stumbled as the anchor met its mark and pulled a bit of the boat with it. "Let go!" Elizabeth ordered causing Ana to quickly let go of the now spinning wheel.

I stumbled to the side but fell into the arms of none other that Will Turner. WI smiled up at him for a quick moment and got up.

We swerved to the side of the Black Pearl and quickly regained our balance.
"Keep us steady." Will ordered Gibbs who nodded.

We were waiting for the opportune moment. Until we had the perfect angle...

"FIRE!" I yelled just as Barbossa did and we fired at each other. All I heard was the booms of cannons and boats being hit.

I grabbed the nearest gun and aimed the the people firing the cannons. This was impossible. They were undead. When my shots met their target all they did was stumble and continue.

"We need a few more ideas lass!" Gibbs spoke to Lizzy and I.
"Your turn!" I hollered at him.

"We'll give them her!" Ana quickly grabbed Lizzy's arm and I froze thinking.
"She's not what their after. The medallion!" I shouted at Will who nodded jumping up to go fetch it.