Chapter 27

Justin's POV:

I sat still in my seat not knowing whether or not to be afraid or not. But by now, I should know to just assume the worst. I had my eyes locked with the young boy in front of me. He was just a little shorter than I was and looked to be the same age. The boy had light brown hair and brown eyes. I had never seen him before and couldn't figure out what he wanted from me. I furrowed my eyebrows and just looked at him keeping silent.

"Do you mind if I sit next to you?" He asked me, his voice soft and smooth. His lips formed a smile on his face as I nodded to his question. The boy sat down in front of me placing his hands on the table maintaining eye contact with me. I was still very confused with what was going on and who he was.

"Thank you," he continued looking me up and down.

"D-do I k-know y-you?" I stuttered as best I could.

"No I don't think you do, but I was kind of hoping to get to know you a bit?" He replied still smiling in my direction. I frowned a little at this which he must have seen because his expression changed from a smile to confusion. "Do you not want me here?" He asked looking sad by my reaction. I shook my head from side to side. It's not that I don't want him here, it's just no one wants to get to know me, so why does he?

"Okay great. My name is Sam, I am sixteen and go to school here. I have seen you around and think you are a really nice person. I have wanted to talk for a while but always get a little nervous." He said going a little red in the face and looking down at the table. I furrowed my eyebrows deciding on what to do.

"N-nice t-to m-meet y-you," I managed to say smiling a little. His head popped up to look at me again and he smiled wide.

"I was kind of hoping that maybe me and you could hang out some time, like after school or something?" He asked looking hopeful. I didn't know how to respond to him now. No one talks to meet like this, let alone ask to hang out with me. I was under the assumption that this whole school hated me. But what if this is some sick plan everyone is apart of to make me look stupid so that they could all laugh at me when I fall for it. I felt anxiety starting to creep up inside of me as I thought about the possibility of that happening.

"Are you okay Justin?" He asked softly extending a hand, placing it on my shoulder. My breathing slowed down a little at his touch and started to feel a little more comfortable.

"Y-yes s-sorry," I said trying to maintain my thoughts. "A-and y-yes t-that's f-fine." I finished looking him the eyes. I saw him light up at my response. He smile grew wide and he seemed to be really excited. I know I probably am going to regret doing this, but I think that I am become to broken to worry about it. I am used to getting hurt daily. Plus he seems nice enough.

"How about after school today?" He asked. I thought about it for a few seconds but decided to just do it. What is the worst that could happen?

"T-that's f-fine," I said watching happiness take over his face.

"Yes! Awesome, I'll meet you at the front doors after school?" He replied as the bell rang for us to go back to class. I nodded to him in agreement. We both stood and parted ways to go back to class.

***

The final bell for the day had just sounded meaning that a swarm of kids were running for the schools exit. The day kind of felt like it went really slow but I will say that I have thinking about hanging out with Sam this afternoon. I am actually a little bit excited because it will be a nice change to my usual routine. I collected my belongings from my locker and made way for the front door. I looked around until I saw him sitting on a small brick ledge, waving to me to go over to him. I went over to him feeling a little nervous but still excited about it.