Part 11 - Who You'd Last Expect

Reader's POV

"We have to get you out of here." Bucky says reluctantly as he grips tighter to me.

"You have to get out too, and not just you, all of them have too." I say as I motion around to the rest of the people in the room.

"Well considering mom, Kei, and Marcus; have no training what so ever I suggest they use the escape tunnels we built in secret after they took (Name)." Raven says and I nod.

"Couldn't we all use them?" I ask as I turn away from Bucky to my brother.

"Yeah, we could, but Hydra would catch us faster."

"Then I suggest you take your family and go through them; and by family, I mean you all." Steve says as he looks from Raven to me and motions to the rest of my family. "We can hold them off and give you all a head start.

"No, I'm not leaving you guys here to take the fall for me. It's true they want me but who do you think they want more; Me or two soldiers each with a version of the super soldier serum?" I say and Steve nods.

"It's true they've always been after me; but we've handled them before."

"Yeah Kitty, we've got this." Natasha says as she reaches down and lifting her pant leg pulls out a hidden gun and checks how many rounds she has. I look over at Sam who smirks and says, "I may not have my wings on me but I did go through Para rescue training. I can handle myself."

"But you all shouldn't have too." I say my mind filling with worry.

"Kitty, we all care about you." Bucky says his arms resting on my shoulders. "I made a promise to protect you and I will."

"And if you die?" I ask tears threatening to fall from my eyes. He smiles softly as he reaches up and cupping my neck gently places a kiss on my forehead.

"I'll find you. I promise." He says into my forehead and I grip tightly to his arms. I knew he meant it but I couldn't help the fear that filled my body.

"Come on (Name)," I hear Kei say and I pull away from Bucky our eyes meeting briefly before my brother pulls me away. My mom wraps her arms around my shoulders as she pushes me toward the escape hatch in the cupboard under the stairs. "Don't worry, I'm sure they'll be okay." Kei says from behind me and I nod.

Once we are down in the tunnels everything is dangerously quiet. I glance back on multiple occasions as I hoped that they were close behind us. "How much further is it?" I ask trying to distract myself from my thoughts.

"Just a little ways (Name)," My father says and I nod slightly. "Hunny, I know you're worried about your friends. I'm sure you want to go back but your safety is our first priority."

"I know dad," I say as I offer him a knowing look. I hated that I was worrying him, and the rest of my family, but I couldn't help it. I just knew something wasn't right. Everything seemed too well planned. I glance forward at my slightly older brother and I narrow my eyes. Was he really leading us away or was he leading us toward certain death? I watch him closely, studying his every move, his every look; none of which gave anything away. Even his smell was normal. Panicked, but normal.

There was one however who didn't smell normal. I stop in my footsteps and taking a whiff I focus on the smell and my heart clenches. The rest of my family stops and turning back to me stares at me in confusion. "What is it?" I hear my father ask and I furrow my brow.

"It's not Raven," I say my eyes looking between them all.

"Of course, it's not me." Raven adds quickly then cocks an eyebrow at the rest of our family suspiciously as he moves to stand next to me protectively. He places me behind him as he pushes me back a couple steps. "It can't be." He says voicing my pain.