Part 8 ~ Hold me Down

Reader's POV

I stare out at the falls as they cascade over the side of the cliff. The familiar smell of my brothers playing was everywhere. It felt like home to sit here and let the memories I thought once lost forever to fill my mind. I could could smell other Werecats in my haven but I couldn't remember who they were. One was a Lion and the others were spotted leopards. Their faces were blurry in my mind but I could vaguely remember playing with them when I was younger.

"What were there names?" I ask aloud as my tail swings back and forth over the branch I was currently sitting on in my half panther form. Yes, I was naked, thanks to not being able to bring clothes along, but it wasn't like anyone was going to see me. Tilting my head back I lay back completely against the thick branch and stare straight up at the night sky. Perks of being a Werecat, Night vision. I smile as I close my eyes and let the sound of the water take my troubles away.

As if it was inevitable I catch a whiff of Bucky's scent and my heart starts to race. He was miles away from me back at my parent's house but his scent was stronger than I wanted to admit and it did things to me I didn't quite understand. I knew the moment I saw him that I wanted him to hold me like he used to when I was a child. Well no that wasn't quite right. I wanted more than for him to just hold me. Why? Was this some weird hormone that came with my approaching heat?

Opening my eyes, I let out a heavy sigh and stand up. There was only one way to figure out what this all meant and that was to ask the man himself. Why did that thought cause a shudder of fear to fill my body? Shrugging my shoulders, I change into my panther form and start back to my house. I had come no closer to my angst about my brother avoiding me and there was nothing I could really do. I could call him but I doubt he'd answer if it was me.

As I near my home my ears twitch as I start to overhear my father talking to my brother Marcus. "That was our oldest brother, he's on his way home." Marcus says to someone and my heart jumps in my chest. Kei was coming home.

"Good cause we have a problem," I hear my father say and I tilt my head. "All the past Reincarnations, were murdered by the same guy."

"What? Who?" Marcus, Bucky, and Steve say in unison.

"Her brother." The sudden realization that he was talking about me caused me to stop in my tracks. I was a reincarnation? What was that about? That couldn't be true. My heart clenches as the rest of their words fill my mind. My brother would kill me? That couldn't be. Tears fill my eyes as I suddenly have the urge to run fast and far away. Taking a couple steps back I suddenly start to feel my mind become muddled by a furious haze.

"Wha-whats going on?" I say shaking my head as I try to clear it. My body instantly changes into my half panther form causing me to stumble around. Something wasn't right. My body starts to burn and my throat tightens. I suddenly felt parched and extremely hungry. "Da-daddy..." I manage to to gasp out before the animal side completely takes over and my mind goes blank.

Bucky's POV

Bucky had been silent in the corner ever since he heard Kitty's father announce that her brother would undoubtedly be her death. He knew which brother it would be too and it would be mostly his fault. Raven was his pupil. He taught him everything he knew and it would inevitably be the one thing that cost him one of the people he loved. Suddenly her father snapped to attention to his right toward the front door right as a loud roar filled the air.

"Kitty," Bucky says through his teeth as he jumps to his feet and heads for the door.

"Bucky wait!" Marcus calls after him but its too late. He throws the door open to see her standing there in her half panther form; her skin wasn't its normal color but instead was what seemed like panther like fur. His eyes look up her form before they land on her eyes. They were no longer her beautiful cat like (E/C) color but that of a wild and feral animal.