six

calum didn't trust luke, but michael insisted that he has nothing to worry about. he ended up blocking luke's number on both his and michael's phone. the reason said was "i'm doing it for our relationship." michael didn't like that one bit and started crying, which calum didn't know what to do except for going out for ice cream.

"would going for ice cream make you feel better?" calum asked, rubbing michael's shoulder. michael's head hung low and slowly nodded, signally yes. calum hummed and picked up the small boy bridal style, carrying him out to the car. 

michael was placed in the passenger seat, head still hung low and tears staining his face.  calum hated to see the boy like that so he grabbed the older's hand and kissed his knuckles one by one. michael seemed to enjoy that, a small smile creeping on his face. 

the ice cream parlor was a ten minute drive from calum's apartment. it was a decently popular place for teenagers and college students to hang out before and after classes. it was self serve and priced by the weight of the ice cream and toppings chose. it was michael's favorite place to go when he didn't feel good emotionally.

michael didn't talk to calum, not did he clean up his face. his tears were painfully beautiful. he didn't care about who he was going to see. he was with calum so that's all he needed. 

they arrived shortly at the parlor, people swarming inside trying to choose their ice cream and their toppings. calum killed the engine and got out to get michael. he opened up the passenger door and dipped down to get the small boy. calum still held him bridal style and carried him in the store. "what flavor do you want?" calum asked, and michael mumbled a short answer of "cookies and creme" 

calum grabbed two cups and filled them to the middle with both cookies and creme. he knew michael's favorite topping is oreo's so he put some on there. he payed and walked back to michael. 

he small boy grabbed the cup and spoon and ate quietly. "i'm sorry." calum mumbled, making michael's head whip up. "i'm sorry i blocked luke on your phone. i get easily jealous and act out to feel better. it was my fault that i made you cry, and i'm sorry."

"it's okay. i forgive you." michael said with a big grin plastered on his face, making calum grin also. 

they had finished their ice cream and headed out to the car. calum opened the door for michael, and the smaller hopped in. the engine started and they were back on the road. calum had is hand on michael's thigh, rubbing circles with his thumb. it made michael relax a lot more.

on the way to the apartment they had to go around a really unsettling curve, called 'dead mans curve' by locals, and it scared michael every time. it was really sharp and a tight fit for two cars to go around. a lot of teenagers in the past often got killed on this curve. 

calum was a good driver. everyone knew he was, but no one expected to see calum on the news for getting into a wreck. apparently a deer had ran into the road. calum didn't see it in time (because he was adoring michael's beauty) and lost control of the car. the deer had ran off before actually being hit by calum's car. the car had drove off into the rocky side of the hill. they were badly injured until the vibrations of the impact causing a boulder to roll off of the hill and land on the car before the couple could get out. there was no hope of the two living and died shortly after.

i'm sorry the story ended so suddenly. but i am no longer a fan of 5sos and have moved on to another fandom (which you'll be seeing in a future book). i didn't want to delete the story as a whole but i had no inspiration to continue it. hope you enjoyed and can forgive me. im sorry.