"What kind of deal?"

"When you come to London day after tomorrow, Pierre will be there along with about six dozen of those pathetic HYDRA whatever you call it."

"Assholes. They're called assholes."

"Whatever. I don't really care. I know very well that you can easily wipe them all out. But I will be bringing my own people to assist."

"Give me a second." I could hear movement upstairs, which didn't make me feel safe talking to the freaking enemy on the phone. I slid open the glass door in the kitchen and walked off on to the large deck.

"Are you implying we turn on her?" I asked Loki.

"Only if you wish to keep your dignity. She's making a fool out of me here. I don't really like it. Besides, I think she deserves a place right next to Buhari."

Joseph Buhari had been Levi's handler, but I killed him years ago.

"How do you know about Buhari?"

"Oh I know everything about you and your friend, darling. I told you. You fascinate me."

"I don't have much of a choice, do I?" I closed my eyes and listened to the sound of the waves lapping against the shore.

"It's either me or Pierre."

"I meant coming at all. I don't want to kill people."

"I never said you would for sure kill people. But you would help me regain power of my own. Darling, I can't talk forever. I need an answer."

"I definitely won't go back to her if I can help it."

"Good choice, darling."

The call ended and I opened my eyes. My phone was tucked away into my pocket and then I left the deck to go to the shore. It was still pitch black out, but I wanted to sit near the water. I took off the hoodie and used it as a blanket to sit on in the sand. The moon was only halfway revealing herself tonight, but she was beautiful nonetheless. The gentle ocean breeze and scent of salt water made me smile softly.

How would I tell Clint where I'm going? I can't just spring it on him and then leave. There's no way in hell he or any of the other Avengers would let me leave with knowing who I was going to see and ultimately, work with.

I made a notebook and pen appear beside me with the wave of my hand. A note didn't seem like such a bad idea.

•*•*•

When the sun came up, I slipped back into bed with Clint and Ember. The notebook was hidden in my duffle and I had no plans of bringing it back out until I would be leaving.

I couldn't sleep though, which didn't really surprise me. I spent two hours brushing my fingers through Ember's dark fur or combing them through Clint's dirty blonde hair. When he started to stir, I only smiled a little. His cheek rested on my chest, his arm wrapped around my torso. He always loved sleeping that way.

"Morning, beautiful." I murmured gently to him. His eyes opened and met mine immediately.

"Hi. What's for breakfast?"

Using my telepathy, I found the answer out by reading Steve's mind.

"Tony's attempting to cook, so we might have to order takeout or have cereal."

"I like cereal." He pushed himself up and clambered out of bed. Ember moved to take his spot in my lap and I scratched between her ears. "We should get a dog next." Clint suggested as he slipped a shirt on over his head.

"I'll think about it." I hummed, lifting Ember up to kiss her head before I put her back into the bed and got up. Clint and I walked together down to the kitchen, where Tony was actually being successful at cooking breakfast.

"I just want coffee." Clint mumbled as he left my side and made his way for the coffee pot. Wanda, Vision, Thor, and Pietro sat at the breakfast bar while Natasha, Bruce, Bucky, Levi, and Steve sat at the table. I moved to join the group at the table. I was actively avoiding Wanda as she tried to catch my attention or something by staring at me. I don't know what the hell she was doing but I didn't like it either.

"So I'm thinking we only spend a few more nights here." Steve announced to everyone.

"But we're having so much fun doing nothing." Tony grumbled. "I don't want to leave. As soon as we get back to the Tower, it's all gonna be drama, drama, drama."

"You're most of that drama, Stark." Natasha chuckled, taking a sip of orange juice.

"Well once we get back there me and Shy are getting a dog." Clint sat next to me and placed his coffee gently down on the table as if it was something fragile and delicate.

"We never agreed to this." I shook my head, putting my hand on his hand that found its way to my knee.

"But we're going to right?"

"I'm thinking as soon as we get back to the Tower, we throw a party." Tony said.

"You were just complaining about having to do stuff, Stark." Pietro told him.

"Yeah but it would be fun. Who's birthday's up next?"

"No one's birthday is near this time of year—,"

"Then we can make it Thor's Earth Birthday." Tony cut Steve off. "I'm feeling this sudden urge to party, guys. Come on!"

"I'm feeling the sudden urge to return to my bed." I mumbled and rubbed my eyes.

•*•*•

Later on around the middle of the day, I found myself sitting alone at the bar in the kitchen while everyone else played in the hot tub or in the pool. I watched as Wanda attempted to push Thor into the pool but it didn't work out so well. Then, Thor grabbed her arms and pushed her into the pool instead.

Laughter erupted and it got louder as the sliding door opened. Levi walked in, closing the door behind himself.

"You're in here, alone. Again. Why doesn't it surprise me?"

I shrugged my shoulders softly and watched him as he leaned against the bar next to me, his shoulder touching mine.

"Wanda talked to me this morning." He spoke quietly, his eyes focusing on the marble countertop. "She said you were acting weird last night."

"I'm going to go kick her ass, Levi. I swear." I leaned back in the bar stool and shook my head. "She does not even understand—,"

"Tell me what's up, Shy." He cut me off, lifting his eyes up to meet mine.

"Nothing. I'm just.... I'm just not feeling good, if I'm honest." I hated lying to him and I knew if I told him what I told Wanda, he'd force the answers out of me, whether it be by annoying the hell out of me or by guilt tripping me, he'd get the answers.

"Do you need to go back to bed? You never get sick."

"I'll be okay." I shook my head gently. "Can't say the same for Wanda though."

"She just worries about you. We all do because we all know how you are."

I huffed and put my head down on the bar.

"I'm gonna head back out there. You need anything at all, just come get me."

I nodded my head and closed my eyes briefly as he kissed my forehead.

Thank you all so much for reading!! I seriously appreciate it.

Vote and Comment!!

<3 Kacey <3