Chapter 7

I was so nervous. My knee was bouncing up and down as I watched the limo come to a stop.

"You'll be okay." Natasha assured me, placing her hand on my knee. "If you don't want to do this, you don't have to."

"I don't want to leave Clint alone."

She grinned a little and got out of the vehicle as the door was opened for her.

"You'll be okay." Wanda repeated what Natasha had said earlier as she got out of the vehicle behind Natasha.

"I'm heading straight to the bar." Maria told me.

"Good luck with Levi." I climbed out behind her. I was flooded suddenly by flashing cameras and a loud crowd of people.

Microphones were thrusted in my direction and people were asking me my name and taking over my personal space. Looking around for any familiar faces, I was met with an ocean of unfamiliar people, sounds and commotions.

"Shyla!" I heard a familiar voice. It was Clint. I smiled at the sight of him coming towards me. "You look scared." He held his arm out for me.

"I am. This is terrifying." I mumbled as I wrapped one arm around his and then put the opposite hand on the same arm. "I hate Natasha. I'm gonna kill her and Wanda for making me do this."

Clint only chuckled, which didn't make me feel any better.

"I'll kill you for laughing at me."

"I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing cause I never saw you as one to be intimidated by crowds and cameras."

"I've never been in a crowd, or around a camera that was good."

Clint nodded and fell silent as he led me into the building.

As we entered the place, Clint pulled me aside and turned me to face him so my back was to everyone else.

"You don't know me all that well and I don't know you either. But this is a party, you don't have to be uptight and hostile towards everyone. Just breath and enjoy yourself."

"I've never enjoyed myself." I said flatly.

"Then let this be the first." Clint took my hand and pulled me back into the main stream of everything. "You look beautiful, by the way."

I blushed at his words, looking down to the ground for a moment.

I was in a high waisted black skirt that had a slit on the side all the way up. The top was a fitting black long sleeve crop top that hung off my shoulders.

My silver hair was straightened and my makeup was perfection: smokey eye shadow and blood red lipstick.

My tattoos were visible through the slit in the skirt and the crop top, but that was okay.

As much as Natasha didn't want me to, I wore all my jewelry that I wore on a daily basis. This included all three diamond earrings on both ears, my silver ring on the ring finger on my left hand, a few other rings on my right hand, the choker necklace that had a pearl on it, a longer necklace that had a ying yang on it, my pentagram charm, and my wolf tooth necklace. Natasha didn't want me to wear all the rings and necklaces, but I never went a place without them.

"You don't look too bad either." I told Clint with an unconfident voice.

He gave me a smile and his warm blue eyes oddly comforted me.

"We're going to do pictures first."

"Great." I rolled my eyes. "Do I have to be in it?"

"Yeah."