Chapter 14

Third Person P.O.V.

Most of the Avengers were lounging around the Tower, enjoying their time off. Clint and Shyla were on their floor, more than likely cuddling. Tony and Bruce were messing around in one of the labs. Sam and Steve were talking on their floor. Thor was with Jane somewhere around the city. That left Levi, Wanda, Pietro, Natasha and Vision to entertain themselves up on the top floor. Levi and Pietro were playing video games while the other three sat at the bar and talked.

Wanda had been in deep thought for a few minutes, her mind stuck on the silver haired witch. Shyla had fascinated Wanda since she met the actual witch, and Wanda found a friend in her, someone she could relate to.

"Levi? Why is it that Shyla finds it harder to socialize than you do?" Wanda looked across the room to Levi, who didn't look away from the television screen.

"We're two different people, we handle things differently."

"Shyla went through more than him." Natasha quietly told Wanda so the conversation would strictly be between the Widow, the Witch, and the Vision. "She was forced to learn magic and how to deal with her powers. Levi only had to deal with his powers."

"That's not exactly it." Levi spoke from the couch. The game was paused and he turned to look at Wanda. "It's simple. She's more powerful and dangerous than me. They wanted to make sure she was kept in their control. I couldn't snap necks without touching people, so I didn't get it as hard as her."

His voice was laced with a pained tinge. Levi looked back to the tv and the game continued.

"But I'm glad she's openin up to someone other than me and Nat." Levi mused. "Someone like Barton."

"He's a good man." Natasha said, running her fingers through her hair. "He's good for her."

Shyla's P.O.V.

"I think I want to talk about the bad dream I had, Clint." I spoke, watching the wisps trail around my fingers as I moved them a little. "The one from yesterday."

"Okay." Clint tightened his arm that was around me. I sat with my back against his side and with one of his arms draped down my shoulder and across my torso.

"They weren't easy on me." I dropped my hands, placing them on Clint's arm. "I was always hurting, they made sure of it.... One time, just about three months before Levi planned for our escape, I was stabbed many times." I took in a deep breath and relaxed a little more into Clint. "It hurt.... It burned.... but what hurt the most was that Levi always had to watch my pain, watch what I went through. He.... He always tried to take it away by making them hurt him. But it rarely worked. I tried to get to him, because if I was going to die, I wanted it to be in the arms of the only person who ever loved me like he did. I-I got maybe three feet from him and I collapsed.... I just fell on to the ground." I brushed a strand of my silvery hair back and locked my jaw for a moment. "Then, people started taking me away from him, to the healer who always made sure I was going to live another day after they nearly killed me. That's when I felt you and it-it scared me, Clint, because I never wanted to be pulled away from Levi. And I don't.... I don't want you sleeping in the same room as me because I'm unpredictable when I'm sleeping."

"Sweetheart, you're unpredictable when you're awake too." Clint chuckled softly and pressed a kiss to my temple, which made the corners of my lips twitch, like I wanted to smile at his attempted humor but couldn't. "You don't have to worry about hurting me, Shy—,"

"Don't say that, because I do." I cut Clint off, moving to sit criss cross next to him so I could look into his blue eyes. "I always have to worry about not hurting the people around me. My spells or rituals could backfire and hurt someone I care about. I could get too angry and kill everyone in a mile's radius. Clint, I'm dangerous and you can't tell me to just be carefree—,"