Chapter 2

"I don't want to meet them." Levi whined as we made our way towards our room. According to Natasha, Tony Stark had bought out an entire floor for the whole night so that we could organize our game plan and get things together for tomorrow without worrying about civilians.

It was around sundown, and Levi and I had just arrived to the hotel.

"Oh, you'll probably never have to see them again." I told him, inserting the card into the key-card slot. "It's a one time thing. Kind of like that thing in Rio with the little barista and her girlfriend." I shot him a smirk over my shoulder.

"You promised not to talk about that!" Levi whispered loudly, his cheeks flushing a bright pink.

"Yeah well it slipped." I snickered. He groaned rather dramatically.

Opening the door, I immediately noticed that the lights were off. Before Levi could push past me like I knew he would, I put my hand out and stopped him.

"The maids always leave the light on." I told him. I had stayed at this hotel before and the lights were always left on.

"Maybe she left them off to save energy."

"I highly doubt that." I flicked the light on and saw Natasha laying across one of the beds.

"You should take some notes, Levi. You might learn something from Shyla." She teased as she stood to her feet.

"That's what I've been telling him." I put my bags down and moved to hug her. "How have you been?"

"Pretty good. Your hair's longer than I remember." Natasha complimented my silver hair that had some streaks of white and black in it.

"And yours is shorter." Her red hair was chin length. Last I had seen her, it was shoulder length.

"My hair's looking great by the way." Levi said, plopping down on the edge of one of the beds.

"I missed you too, Levi." Natasha rolled her eyes at him and then looked to me. "Are you guys sure you want to do this? I mean, I don't want to force you to do this."

"We can do it." I gave her a firm nod. "We couldn't take it down by ourselves, so it's good to hear you and your team are going at it."

"We could take it down." Levi rolled his eyes at me. "We just didn't want to go back. But we're fine with it."

"The team wants to meet you tonight, if that's okay." Natasha started for the door but turned back to face us when she got to it. "We're across the hall in Steve's room."

"Okay. We'll be right over. Just give us a second."

She nodded and closed the door behind her.

"Do you think she told them about us?" Levi asked quietly as I moved to put my bags on the bed Natasha had previously laid on.

"No. She usually doesn't tell people about us. It's the way things work between us. We don't tell shit about her, she doesn't say shit about us. It keeps us friends and keeps us alive."

"I'm thinking we should go to Italy next." Levi laid back on the bed he called with his hands behind his head. "Maybe Florence."

"No, I want to go more south. Maybe Sicily. I could use some sun." I took off my large sweater cardigan and brushed my hair back.

"You say that, but you won't actually go outside."

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes at him. "Let's go meet the Avengers."

•*•*•

I knocked twice on the door and waited for it to open. Natasha was the one to answer.