Chapter 8

"Shyla? Wake up."

"Et ego odi." I pulled the blanket over my face.

"I know you do. But everyone's having breakfast."

"Breakfast?" I repeated, lifting my head from the pillows.

"Yeah. It's almost noon. We've all been asleep for quite a while."

I let out a yawn and a groan and arched my back as I stretched my limbs.

"My head is pounding."

"Mine is too. Come on." Levi patted my leg. "Nat says she has some clothes you can change into."

"Carry me?" I refused to open my eyes. I was going to either go to sleep while Levi was carrying me or I was going to go back to sleep if he wouldn't.

"Fine." Levi scooped me up into his arms bridal style and carried me towards the elevator.

I dozed off a little while he carried me.

"Shyla, you're not makin this easy for me, sweetheart."

I felt myself being placed down on a bed.

"But I'm tired, Levi. And everyone's always wakin me up." I whined and rolled over on to my stomach.

"You can go back to sleep when you get to your apartment. But you should come eat first."

"Fine." I gave in and opened my eyes.

"This is Nat's room. She said you can find something to wear." Levi turned to leave but as he opened the door, I used my powers to slam it shut. He turned around to face me and threw his hands into the air.

"You're carrying me once I get changed." I pulled my crop top off.

Levi had seen me naked plenty of times before so it wasn't anything big for me to change in front of him. With an irritated sigh, he moved over to the large window.

I found a large black sweater and a pair of shorts. My shoulders were saying I was cold but my legs said I was hot. I went over to where Levi stood against the door and held my arms out again.

"You're such a baby when you're tired." He picked me up and held me like a toddler. My legs wrapped around his waist and my arms wrapped around his neck.

"I know."

•*•*•

I was set on my feet when we got out of the elevator. The Avengers were silently eating or falling asleep.

"You woke up the monster." Natasha teased a little, tiredness tainting her voice.

"Shut up." I mumbled as I sat down beside her.

"Well. At least we know the party was good." Tony said, dropping a pill into a glass of water. "Everyone passed out up on the top floor."

"Why was I the last one to be woken up then?" I asked.

"Did you want to be woken up?" Levi raised his brows at me.

"Hell no."

"That's why. You're an all new shade of evil when you wake up."

"I think we should have a good old fashion family discussion about things we did last night." Tony suggested. "Why don't you go first, Robin Hood?"

Clint took his hand out from underneath his head and held his middle finger up to Tony. His free hand held a cup of coffee close. I grinned a little but then the pain in my head worsened.

"When I get home I'm so gonna freakin do a healing spell." I mumbled, rubbing my temples.

"Count me in on it." Natasha said.