Study Partner

You pause when you open the door and find cushions on the floor. "... Law?" You call.

"The floor's lava, if you touch it you have to do one of my papers." He calls back. You smile and ease off your shoes before starting across the cushions.

"I see you have been busy." You joke, stopping on a cushion to measure a leap.

"Very, how was your day?" He hums when you jump into the main room. He sat on the couch with a notebook. He always wears a beanie and hoodie, even on hot days. You look around, finding no other cushions nearby.

".... Cheater..." You huff. He smirks and pats beside him on the couch.

"Don't die." He breathes. You narrow your eyes before launching at the couch. He blinks in surprise, barely managing to catch you.

"Ah ha! I win." You stick out your tongue.

"I wasn't expecting you to be so energetic today." Law comments.

"I kicked ass at the mall, how was your day?" You maneuver beside him.

"I studied and then made the floor lava." Law shrugs slightly.

"You always have the best stories." You hum and stretch.

"I know, they're way more interesting than yours." He jokes lightly before you both start studying together.

"You're so smart.. Why do you even need a studying partner?" You murmur.

"I don't. But having you study beside me is nice. I knew it was a good trade." He hums. You blink, peering at a certain window.

"Yeah." You smile.

~One Year Earlier~

You burst through the trees, glancing over your shoulder, sirens finally fading. You smirk and look ahead in time to run into a house. You fall on your back, holding your nose. "What the fuck..." You groan, looking at the building with tears stinging your eyes.

When did they build a house here? This clearing was always empty before. You get up with a slight stagger, circling the house curiously before ending up at the front door. "Hello? Anyone home?" You call, knocking. You wait for an answer, but one doesn't come. You peer around again before going to one of the windows and forcing it open. With a hum, you climb into the house, finding yourself in the living room.

"Nice..." You murmur, maneuvering around and peering at the shelves. "Nothing that I can... Hello." You smile, touching the gold wolf statue. It looked real, this would be-

"Hello." A voice responds and you freeze, heart skipping a beat.

".... Should've knocked louder...." You sigh catching his reflection in a vase. Damn he was cute.

"I still wouldn't have answered.... You must be the reason I heard sirens..." He hums, arms folding over his chest, a smirk on his lips. "Turn around Ms. Thief." He requests. You glance at the window, suddenly dashing for it. He's a lot quicker however, cutting you off slinging you onto the couch. Before you can move to get up, he's looming over you with a highly amused smirk. "Nice try. But if you escape now, they'll definitely catch you." He chuckles.

You blink up at him in confusion until you hear a car pull up to the house. He doesn't move onto a hard knock sounds on the front door. The young man leans down next to your ear. "Be quiet and don't move or I'll tell." He breathes before pulling a blanket over you and moving to answer the door. "Hello officers, what can I do for you?"

"Have you seen any suspicious people near your property?" The officer asks.

"Believe me sir, if I had, you would've heard a gunshot. But you may look around the property if you wish. I just cant let you in. My wife isn't feeling well, I believe she may have the flu." The man answers easily. You cough heavily at that. "I'll be right there dear, your soup should be ready soon." He says over his shoulder at you. With that the police leaves and you sit up as he closes the door.

"Uh... Thanks." You hum as he returns, taking your bag and pulling out some of the stolen money.

"Here you are, and the rest is now mine. Thanks for stopping by Ms. Thief." He winks, handing you the thin bundle. You blink a few times before glaring at him.

"Sir. I worked hard to steal that money. Return it to me." You say calmly.

"No. The rest you can work for, since you owe me now." He smiles, pointed canine's glinting slightly.

".... Who are you?" You question.

"I'm Law. And you're going to be my study partner." He rests his cheek on his fist, watching you thoughtfully.

".... Fine..."

~☆~☆~▪~☆~☆~▪

"Such a good story." You sigh with a fond smile. He smiles at the paper he was going over.

"Alright, no more studying, lets go outside." He sits up, setting the papers on the table. He looks to you but you don't move.

"The floor's still lava isnt it?" You guess and he smirks.

"Damn." He breathes before hopping onto a cushion that sat on the floor. "I had the paper picked out for you too." He hums, rather gracefully hopping over cushions.

"You're a trickster..." You hum following after him. He smirks and peers back at you.

"Yeah, its fun to trick people." He says before snatching up a cushion from your path.

"You punk. Put that rock back." You huff.

"What are you going to do? You can't cross the lava." He boasts, sticking out his tongue. You hum grabbing the cushion behind you and move it in front of you before hopping onto it. You smirk at him and he huffs, smacking you with the cushion you gasp and fall back, grabbing his wrist and pulling him down with you. The room shakes slightly from you two collapsing. You giggle lightly as he lifts himself off of you.

"We both dead because of you." You poke his nose. He chuckles lightly at that.

"Fine, no paper." He breathes, looking down at you. You felt like he stole your breath, such a handsome guy. "Heh, you look like you wanna kiss me." He teases, getting up and offering his hand. You chuckle taking his hand and standing.

"I wouldn't want to make things weird." You shrug.

"It wouldn't, we have great chemistry." He rumbles before heading out. You blink and smile to yourself before continuing after him.

"Alright Law, what are we doing out here?" You ask, peering around the darkened woods around his home.

"Man hunt." He answers, taking out a flashlight from the tool box that sat on his front porch. He hands it to you with a smirk, "You're it."

You look over the flashlight and turn it on briefly. "I shall hunt you with pride." You joke lightly.

"Hey, if you catch me, maybe I'll give you that kiss you've been wanting," He winks before disappearing into the shadows.

        "Oh ho ho.... That's highly motivating."