Seek

You were silent as you look around with the flashlight. Why on earth did you fall for this? You knew these woods but it was so different at night and you had no idea where Law could be hiding. Every now and then you'd catch tracks but there was no sound.

"Hey, you know, this is kind of unfair, I feel like you're playing me." You state.

"I wouldn't think of playing you... Well, unless we're playing a game. Like this one." You hear him rumble behind you and spin around but he's not there.

"You've been following me?! You punk!" You gasp, searching for him.

"Yeah. Im hoping you'll catch me... Buuut~ you're too slow." He teases nearby.

"So you want to kiss me?" You smirk a bit.

"Well, I have thought about it a few times... However, I think it'll be funner if we make it into a prize." He chuckles. You catch a glimpse of movement and dive for it. "Heh, plus, it's nice to see how much you want to kiss me." He adds easily dodging you and disappearing again. You chuckle to yourself, he was right, this was fun.

"Heh, you're really something else Law..." You breathe straightening up and looking around.

"Well, you're not wrong." He chuckles.

You raise an eyebrow at that, "Really?" You inquire. He doesn't respond and you raise an eyebrow. "Law?" A shadow catches your eye and you smirk, diving into it. "Ah ha! I got you- Kid?" You freeze, looking down at the redhead lit by your flashlight. "What are you doing out here?" You breathe in confusion.

"I was taking a walk..." He frowns up at you. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Man hunt with a friend, he just got away before I tackled you." You smile sheepishly, helping him to his feet, something metallic was in the left sleeve of his jacket. A prosthetic?

"Alright then... It's not really safe out here, you should head home." He points out.

"After I find my friend I'll-" He looks past you and you tense, feeling someone touch your back.

"Im here." Law assures, giving a soft smile when you look at him. "However, I'm concerned about your friend. It's dangerous to wander the forest alone, how about we escort you home, and off my property?" He rumbles to Kid, still smiling sincerely but, there was an edge in his voice.

"That's okay, I can make my way to the road." Kid nods to him.

"Alright, come on ___," Law hums, turning to head back.

"I'll walk him back, be back soon." You give Law a smile. He pauses, looking at you for a moment.

"I'll worry if you take too long." He says simply before disappearing into the darkness.

"Could've went back with your boyfriend." Kid says turning to walk off, you move to his side.

"Not my boyfriend... I guess Best friend is closer." You hum. "So.... What did you do?" You ask. He raises an eyebrow at you. "Don't give me that look, no one wonders the woods at night without a reason. You had to have done something. Or you're planning something." You smirk.

"Alright, I got lost."

"Wow, who taught you how to lie? Because you need a new teacher." You huff. He blinks and looks at you before letting out a soft chuckle and rubbing his neck.

"Alright then... I'm hunting monsters." He rumbles.

"Ooo sounds like hard work. No wonder you're so tough." You smile a bit.

"Seriously... You believe hunting monsters over me getting lost?" He sighs.

"Not really. But hey, I don't have to know the truth, either way, I think you're cool." You stretch.

"That so?" He smirks slightly, "You're pretty cool too."

"Hmmm... Nope." You hum.

"Nope?" He echoes in confusion.

"That got too sweet." You point out before trying to trip him. He stumbles in surprise, giving you a look.

"Really?" He huffs.

"You have good balance." You hum impressed.

"Yeah I do, it's so good, that I can kick your ass the next time you try that." He smirks.

"Oh really?" You chuckle, moving to trip him again, he pivots out of the way, swatting at you.

"Get lost." He chuckles.

"You looked like a cat just then." You snicker. "Little Kiddy-cat."

"... Did you just...." He trails off as you give a grin. "No. This conversation and relation- whatever this is, is over." He states. You giggle at him.

"So it was a good pun." You smirk. He rolls his eyes, stopping at the road.

"Alright, we're out of the woods now, you can stop holding my hand now." He says.

"Aww... We could've been holding hands? You're kidding!... Talking about missed opportunities..." You snap your fingers in disappointment.

"You are such a smart ass." He marvels, shaking his head.

"The smartest ass around," You wink.

"Heh... See you around, smart ass." He chuckles turning to leave.

"See ya around... Kiddy-cat." You smirk.

"I'll kick your ass later." He says without looking back.

"Sounds like a date." You smile. He shakes his head and you head back to Law's.

"I'm back," You call, entering the house.

"Hey what do you want to watch tonight?" He asks you.

"Law I have a test in the morning." You point out.

"Then spend the night. I'll make sure you get to school on time." He hums, peering at you as you lean on the couch in thought. He never asked you to stay the night before.

"Well... It is pretty late..." You rub your cheek.

"Alright, I can take the couch, sleep well."

"You too."