Chapter Twenty One.

Comenzar desde el principio

"Stop the car Logan." Reece joins in the argument, and Logan sighs in defeat. The rest of the way I keep my eyes on the van. Vampires.

Stopping at the station, I give the guys stupid requests to send them into the shop. On my way to the toilet block, I don't go and stick to the shadows to watch the van.

It stays on the other side of the parking lot, obviously watching us. I see Reece and Logan come out and Reece is looking around, sensing them too. Being a Slayer, his senses should be going crazy right now. Thanks to Mums genes, I get a bit of help with the vampire side. Logan seems oblivious.

"Done Princess?" Logan drops his arm over my shoulders and we go back to the car.

"Can I drive, I think I'm getting travel sickness?"

"You're a terrible liar and no." He kisses my cheek as we part and before I get in, I stop Reece.

"You ok?"

"Fine. Lets keep moving." He gets in without another word and I look at the van one more time before doing the same. Ten minutes later, I don't doubt it anymore and neither does Reece as he starts to freeze up. 

"Logan, there is a van of vamps following us. They have been since we left the city."

He looks at me, back at Reece and then checks his mirrors. Changing lanes, the van mimics our actions. They must sense we've discovered them because we're suddenly being rammed from behind.

"I told you we should have left earlier and you made us stop!" Logan yells at me, trying to keep control of the car as the van knocks the back of it again. 

"We left at the right time. You drive like it's Sunday and you're on your way to church!" I scream back at him, pulling out the rifle  from under the seat. Taking my chances I lean back out the window and after two shots their windscreen has been blown into a million pieces.

"Get back in the fucking car!" 

"Get me closer, I can probably get the driver now!" I climb into the backseat, ignoring Reece who is in the middle of a mental breakdown and wind down the window.

"Stay in this fucking car Elise!" 

Of course I don't listen and that's when they decide to hit the car again. I drop the gun as I grip the door frame, falling half way out of the window and as the van comes closer I could easily be squished between the two vehicles. 

They seem to realize it at the same time and the roar of their engine has me scrambling to get up and instead something pulls at the back of my jacket and I'm yanked back inside. "He told you to stay in the fucking car!"

"Well look who decided to join the party!" I yell back at Reece, and only earn a glare.

"Shit!" Logan has us both looking in front of us and a red version of Alfie is spread out in the middle of the road. The van hits our car just as Logan goes to swerve and again Reece grabs me only it doesn't matter as we loose control and the car spins over and over....

 -x-

Every part of me aches and opening my eyes, liquid is running into them. Wiping them, I look at my hand. It's blood and I drop my head back against the dirt. So much pain! A few minutes later I try and look around again to see Logans car on its roof a few meters away and back up towards the road, the row of vampires are starting to come down towards us.

Reece is going to freak out.

"Elise! Answer me!" Logan is screaming behind me and looking back that way, he is trying to climb out through his window.