Chapter Twenty One.

An uneasy sense of forbidding fills me and going to the window, everyone walks past completely oblivious to it. Something is wrong. Danger is coming and from here I can't do anything about it. Trying the door, I can't manage to work on the handle like I've seen the others do and instead start to knock on it. 

Out.

I need to get out.

"Stay Alfie." My Masters voice commands me to stop fighting the urge to escape, but now she is calling for me. Even if I can't hear her, I can feel it.

I go back to the window, no one even looks at me. 

"Be a good boy."

I start to pace. The more human form harder to move around in and shifting back so I am able to stretch and ease the tension in my muscles. I go into the pond, the water is my heaven. I dont know why I like it, other than I just do.

I can't relax. Water normally helps but this is worse than the other times.

My Master is close.

Keep. Elise. Safe.

"He's been agitated all evening Frank." I can hear them outside home.

"Something must be happening with Elise again, give him dinner and see if we can get her on the phone to calm him down."

"Are you hungry today Alfie?" Vesna opens the door and I am rising out of the water before she even takes a step in. "Alfie, are you alright? Your eyes?"

She is scared, her mouth drops open as I pull her into my gaze. She drops dinner and I start to sway, watching as she follows me.  

"Go. Alfie needs to go."

"Yes, this way Alfie." She moves out of the doorway, and just as I'm about to leave home Frank appears.

"Stop Alfie!" He looks at Vesna and I dont hesitate in shoving past him. Remembering the way Else took me, I go to the big door we went out of last time she came here. 

"Stay Alfie." Again her voice reminds me I'm not meant to leave, but the second pain runs along my spine I smash through them and go to her.

-x-

"So hows this for a joke?" Sitting with my feet up on the dash, I catch Reece's eye in the review mirror and he only shakes his head, mouthing 'dont' at me. All morning I've been giving Logan a hard time and as night starts to take over I decide to ease up. A little. 

"What?" Logan mumbles.

"A Slayer, a Tracker and an fabulous Hunter walk into a bar and the barman-"

"Oh I think i've heard this. Does it involve him asking if the Hunter ever shuts up?"

"Oh Logey, you're so funny. How did you know?" I slap his arm playfully, yet he doesn't smile or even acknowledge me. Earlier discussions had started out a little passive aggressively so I guess I can't hold it against him. The car goes silent, not helped by the fact Logan also solved our radio issues by turning it off.

We get onto the highway and as we break away from the bulk of the traffic, I spy a van that seems to have been following us a little too closely. Sitting up, I study for a moment and look at Reece. He his massaging his shoulder, before his hands idly move across his chest and coughing a couple of times, I can tell he's getting agitated. He senses something too.

"Logan, I need to pee. Can you stop at the next fuel station?"

"Really? If you didn't drink all of that water before we left-"