The Dream Of Insanity

Start from the beginning

"Today, it has been reported by 7 people, who have nothing in common, that they have woken up with a note next to their bed. It reads Hello. If you are reading this note, you have been chosen to go through' INSANITY. Please remain calm... WHILE YOU CAN!' Police have no idea what to make of it, each note has the exact same warning and handwriting." They return back to the studio. "Thank you Clarissa, during that report, we have gotten 3 more police calls on the same note. If you are someone who has the note, the police advise you to report it. It could be dangerous."

Shocked, you look back at the note, you look at the table and reach for the phone, but all of a sudden, your body gives up. You can't move and you slowly drift into a deep sleep.

"Nice try..." a voice whispers in your head, but there's nothing you can do, the numbness of sleep takes you.

Go to 4. Am I dreaming?

4. Insanity

You wake up. All you see is the black void, but when you look down, you see a clean, white marble floor. You get on your knees and touch it. You can actually feel the smooth texture, and coldness coming from the floor. You hear loud footsteps coming from around you, but nothing can be seen. You hear them again, coming from behind you.

If you look behind you, go to 5. Behind You

If you run for your life, go to 5. Running

4. Am I dreaming?

You wake up, lying down on the floor. Black void surrounds you except the floor, which is cold marble. You hear laughing coming from around you, along with loud footsteps. You run for your life.

Go to 5. Running

5. Behind You

You decide to look behind you, and immediately regret making that choice. A large, black creature with 3 fingers on each hand glares at you, with its large red eyes. You see its mouth break into a large smile, with huge fangs. It slowly moves its head closer to you, before finally biting you. It was fatal. You start remembering, as you slowly die, there is no escape from insanity...

5. Running

You run, as far from the sound as possible, until you remember... this is just a bloody dream. You imagine a door into reality, you stop and think really hard, ignoring the loud thumping noises coming from behind you, getting louder and louder. All of a sudden, a door appears right in front of you. You turn the doorknob and open it, but before leaving you look behind you. You see a massive creature, with 3 massive fingers on each hand, its huge red eyes stare at you, its fangs showing in its huge mouth.

"You survived... you survived me... It was me who placed the note, living in your brain since you were born. I'm nothing more than a brain parasite, but you kept me alive... you fed me. I drain massive lots of energy, more than enough. I managed to leap into reality to try and destroy you... but you've beaten me... leave... I can't bare it any longer... I grow weak already... LEAVE!" It says. You pause for a while, but then make your choice.

If you leave through the door, go to 6. The Door

If you stay, go to 6. Staying Insane

6. The Door

You decide to leave. You don't want to spend another moment inside of your thoughts, the insanity. You leave but find yourself falling, instead of that... freedom you've been thinking about for a while.

"Idiotic fool. You can't escape!" You hear its voice. Then, you land on that chilling marble floor, in front of the creature. It impales your chest with a finger. You hold your chest, applying pressure. You feel the warm blood, leaving you, as you grow weaker and weaker. Then, the creature looks at you, smiling with that terrible smile. You start remembering, as you slowly die, there is no escape from insanity...

6. Staying Insane

"No..." you tell it. "I know your plan. As you spoke to me, you changed the door, you altered it. I will wait, 'till you grow weaker and weaker until you DIE..."

"NOOOOOOOOOOO!" It yells. You see it collapse, its last bit of air leaving its mouth. You collapse too, and then finally wake up. You have defeated this... parasite. You smile, and rip up the note, disposing of it.

Go to 7. I survived insanity

7. I survived insanity

The news reporter finally stopped talking... you think, as you sit in the news studio, waiting to be interviewed for the television. Finally, they ask you...

"How did you escape the insanity? I mean everyone else who got the note didn't make it, yet you survived... how?" She finally asks you, after the small introduction for the interview. You begin to explain.

"To survive insanity, you first wait for footsteps and laughter, then you run. You have to concentrate and imagine a door to freedom. Then you wait... the creature... the parasite will admit to defeat and tell you to leave through the door. Don't leave. He altered it, to kill you. You have to watch it die... look at it breathe its last breath... and then finally, leave..." Your eyes close slowly. You are falling asleep again.

"NO!" You shout. But it is too late. You wake up, only you can't move, you can't control anything. A voice comes out from you.

"HAH HAH HAH! THIS BEING GOT IT WRONG. THERE IS NO ESCAPE. THERE IS NO ESCAPE FROM INSANITY! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!" You see everyone, the interviewer and the studio crew look at you in fear, as you wake up. Then you feel warm liquid in your stomach. You look down, you see a large hole in your torso, your insides falling out, along with the blood. You notice that it was right... there's nothing that could've been done to escape insanity... to escape your death. You couldn't stop the insanity...