I Can't Change...

I wished...

And I've wished...

It's too difficult...

Everything that I hold dear...

Always breaks...

Can't I keep something...

Even for a bit...

Please...

~~

"Dragging as per usual..." a sigh escaped Jennie's mouth, the little shards of light piercing through the silk-like curtains kept exchanging across the classroom.

The room spoke for itself, nothing much to do. But it shared an irreplaceable history, something nothing can come between; not even her damn education.

Tapping each flossed nails, Jennie gazed towards the curtains.

Does he like my gift?

A smile surfaced.

Well... it wasn't really that great.

A sweet sound of silence escalated. The teacher quietly sat down, books were slammed shut as dust particles blew in effect as it swam across the room as if something was pushing it.

Jennie observed every single particle, it was slow, yet aesthetically pleasing.

Why does he remind me of someone?

Someone I used to know...

Luminosity was a great gift from God, the dust represented something significant. We all came from nothing and into something. Everyone understood that, especially Jennie.

Bobbing her head slightly, she glanced at the time and realised it was past leaving time.

Jennie shook her head, ultimately relieved that she didn't stay daydreaming any longer.

Making her way out of class, her eyes trailed towards the dust and light fused rays again. It truly had a significant effect on her, but why? Why was that so important to her, something didn't add up; something that enticed her.

This light...

Jennie sighed.

I need some fresh air...

Leaving the room, she made her way across the desolate hallway. Nothing accompanied her except a following shadow.

Why am I making a big fuss...

Walking up the stairs, eternity seemed to have grasped her. Every second seemed like an hour and every hour seemed like a lasting eternity.

Jennie's thoughts were crystallised.

We were just seven...