"What are you thinking so hard about?" I ask. Cam hesitates.

"I was just thinking about football." Cam says. Guilt runs through me as I move my eyes away from him. I know it's my fault Cam has been having a difficult time joining the team.

"I'm really sorry. It's my fault they aren't letting you on the team." I say. Cam reaches his hand out and grasps my chin lightly, making butterflies erupt in my stomach. He lifts my head softly until my eyes meet his.

"It's not your fault. If I had the option to do it all over again, I wouldn't have changed a thing." He whispers. I nod but still feel guilty. He drops his hand from my chin and we lapse into silence once again.

Spencer soon joins us in line and we all grab lunch and take our usual seats.

"I am so excited for tonight!" Kylie exclaims as soon as I sit down. I smile widely at her.

"I'm so happy you can come!" I exclaim.

"I was so worried that I would be all alone with these guys." I say, gesturing to the three guys around Kylie and me which makes her laugh.

"I would never leave you alone with these barbarians. They would tear your house apart and make you be there slave all day." Kylie says.

"Hey! We aren't that bad." Spencer exclaims. Kylie and I share a knowing look then we laugh.

"I wouldn't make Hailee be my slave, she already knows she would do anything I ask. Right Cupcake?" Cam asks, sending me a teasing smile. I narrow my eyes and elbow him in the gut and he doesn't even flinch.

"Cupcake?" Jake asks, looking between Cam and I. I roll my eyes.

"That's Cam's ridiculous nickname for me ever since he saw me in my favorite cupcake pajama pants." I say.

They all start to laugh at my nickname and I can feel blush forming on my cheeks. All of a sudden Cam stops laughing and freezes.

My eyes scan his face, his expression deadly. I follow his eyes to see Trevor walking toward our table.

I freeze and so does everyone else at the table. Jake and Spencer look ready to kill, they know Trevor has been bothering me for a while, they wanted to do something about it but I told them no since Spencer is on the team and I didn't want Jake and him to get hurt.

Cam's hand forms a fist under the table, I put my hand over his, hoping to calm him. He relaxes, releasing his fist and grabbing my hand in his, intertwining our fingers. I'm surprised by his action but I quickly recover and give his hand a gentle reassuring squeeze.

Trevor stops at our table and smirks evilly at me. I move my eyes away from him and stare down at my lap, taking deep breaths to calm myself. Cam squeezes my hand, making my eyes snap up and meet his.

"I'll take care of this." Cam whispers. I nod and whisper to be careful.

"What do you want?" Cam spat bitterly at Trevor. Trevor turns his gaze to Cam.

"I want to talk to you...alone." Trevor says. Cam nods reluctantly and let's go of my hand.

"I'll be right back." Cam tells us but his eyes never move from mine. He walks out of the cafeteria with Trevor.

I eat my food quietly, my mind consumed by what Cam and Trevor possibly could be talking about. Cam doesn't return until about five minutes before lunch was over. He sits back down beside me and everyone stops talking and looks at him, waiting to hear what Trevor wanted. A huge smile spreads across his face.

"The coach made Trevor ask me to try out for the team. I guess he heard about my football stats at my old school and wanted me on the team. I'm trying out tonight at 6 P.M." Cam says happily. I smile widely.