The Begining of the End

Cedric's head ached tremendously and his eyes seemed to spin even though he lay there completely still not wanting to move. He sighed as he thought of revenge, the hazy image of villagers screaming through a maze of fire almost made the beast smile. His head was quickly interrupted when something ran pasted his peripheral vision. It was small in size and quick too, but not something he couldn't' catch. His belly rumbled as he watched it fly into a cave, so with some hesitation he staggered to his feet. His limbs felt sorer than ever before. With a slight shake of his head to forget the pain but also not make his headache worse. He squeezed his eyes for a few seconds before spreading his wings once more and going inside the cave. He exsplored the cave for the petite creature crawling deeper into it's darkness. However the further he descended the colder the air grew even the small cracks and holes in the walls and ceilings let the sun gaze in did nothing. But yet even on this hot summer morning there was snow inside the cave. Cedric was indeed puzzled by this finding, but as his stomach continued to grumble off emptiness he still journeyed inward. But what ha came upon was far worse then the he had received. In the deep snow lay another dragon before him. The beast was made of ice and a iron collar was strapped around his neck, as Cedric surveyed from a distance it dawned upon his still hurting brain that he was sick. He wondered if he should make his presence known or not but then the dragon spoke and his question was answered. 

     "I know you're there, why do you lay in the shadows?" He asked in a wise tone as he struggled to lift his neck up and stare into Cedric's direction. With this Cedric walked into the light that hung over this part of the cave. The dragons cold and pale eyes widened at the sight of another. 

     "What do you call yourself stranger?" He asked the red dragon who was beginning to feel the stinging pricks of the cold on his body. 

     "Cedric, and you are?"

     "I go by the name of Azdron." He spoke, his neck hitting the floor right after with a thump. An irritated sigh escaping his jaw. 

     "What of your chains?" Cedric asked stepping closer. 

    "My restraints.... I was put here by a greedy king. These chains drain my strength henceforth the reason I haven't broken fee of this prison."

      "Where is this king you speak of?" Cedric demanded arching his brow as the memories of Warwick clouded his thoughts. 

     "His name is Jonathan, his castle is in fact not far from here." Azdron spoke know what the young dragon was thinking. 

     "That collar, want me to remove it?" 

     "I would be a fool to refuse the offer." Azdron replied lifting his head up high once again, Cedric came closer and noticed the little pad lock that held it together. Snatching it was his claws and ripping it off the brace, it crumbled to pieces and Azdron regained his power. Cedric backed away as he watch Azdron retake his balance and stand feirce. 

     "Ready to say hello to the king." Azdron declared stretching out his wings and took flight out of the cave, Cedric following close behind.

     Blyth stared sorrowfully at the princess trying to come up with something, anything to convince her to rethink her decisions. However he could not think of anything, he was forever at a lost of words. They sat there studying each others expressions. The silence was soon broken when a group of guards ran by shouting.

     "DRAGONS! WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!" With this Ellyn pushed herself to her feet and grabbed the doorknob slowly turning it. Unable to take it anymore Blyth jumped up and grabbed her shoulders firmly. 

      "Please don't do this! You're being reckless! Think it though!" He pleaded trying his best to hold back the tears that swelled in his eyes. As much as the girl tried to deny it she could hardly control the feelings inside of her, she so desperately wanted to disappear from the dragon's clutches. But she wasn't about to be another damsel in distress like before when she was held in that tower. She was not going to let her kingdom, her people, and her parents be subdued to the fires of hate emitting from that dragon. Pushing her thoughts back down she swung the door open Blyth still chasing after her. She shook her head as she refused to listen to him. Afraid he would eventually say something that would change her mind.

     "Just go find Wincey! Before time runs out!" Blyth made one more attempt to grab her, spinning her around to look him in the eyes, he opened his mouth as of the say something but she shoved him away making the bat tumble in the garden. 

     "NOW BLYTH!" Ellyn yelled this time commanding as she stood over him for a spit second before running away towards the town below. The sight was almost beautiful, the mixture of fire and snow in one was breath taking. Ellyn observed the sky as the sun was taken over by storm clouds gushing hail and thick snow. Then that's when she spotted him, the red dragon sprouted out from the dark clouds and exhaled gusts of fire. Her heart pounded agents her ribs as she saw him. She had to get his attention some how. Just then Jonathan came storming out of the castle wearing a dark cloak to cover his face from the outside world.

     "Jonathan?" Ellyn wondered as he froze in place knowing he had been caught. He was planning on leaving his people to die and running off to save himself.

      "You coward!" She shouted clutching her fist tightly. "How could you leave them to die!?" In the midst of the girls anger Azdron noticed the figure and dove to the castle courtyard. Cedric looked and spotted Ellyn, he didn't know what to think about seeing her again. He still followed after the ice dragon. Once Azdron stomped on the earth as he landed Jonathan began to speed away. However it was too late for him. With one gust of freezing ice Azdron breathed the king was frozen in place, his body being trapped in a blockade of ice slowing working its way up his legs. 

     "Please Don't!" He pleaded as Azdron stepped closer. The dragon bared his teeth and growled terrifying both of them. With no word from the dragon Jonathan turned his head to Ellyn.

    "Please! I saved you!" He yelled to her begging like a child would however she was in no possition to help the coward even if she wanted to. Azdron turned his head and snarled before her. 

      "I suggest you run." He said making her shake with fear. The next thing she knew there was a hurling cloud of ice coming straight for her. In an attempt to get away from it she jumped back but right before it could hit her it evaporated. 

     "STOP!" Barked Cedric a fireball destroying Azdron's breath. The ice dragon looked back at him and didn't speak a word for he got what he wanted. Ellyn and Cedric just locked onto one another. He stepped closer to her until they were just feet away. 

     "Hello little mouse...." Cedric called her letting out a breeze of his warm breath that flung the hair off of her shoulders. "Your time of escape is over." Ellyn stayed silent which was more than confusing to Cedric. He swiped her up in his talons bringing her close to his snout, his expressions where so blank Ellyn could not read any of them. Swallowing hard she finally spoke to her warden.

     ".... You- you didn't do it.... You won't do it....." She spoke in a trembling whisper like pitch.

     "Whatever do you mean?" He asked almost sympathetic.

     "Home, you didn't burn it...." She was horrified that she had chosen the wrong words for this reunion. 

      "... Not yet...." Cedric spoke softly, then after placing Ellyn close to his chest he took off to the skies again. As they ascended and the tears poured from her blue eyes she saw Blyth and Wincey gazing up at them. What had she done?