Beneath the Skin

Ellyn shut her eyes tightly when Wincey emerged from the dark caves. The sun brighter than she had ever seen it. Wincey stepped out of the hole that as surrounded by trees, in front of them was a line of mountains that must stretch all around the kingdoms. The idea dawned on her like the sun in the sky beaming rays on all their bodies. We were on the other side of the mountains.... the mountains that protected the kingdoms from the strange magical creatures.... The princess's thoughts were interrupted by the sound of Blyth.

     "MY EYES!!! WHAT IS THAT?!" The unsettling painful screams from Blyth blew away like wind when Wincey's deep laugh busted out.

     "You've never heard of the sun?" Blyth rubbed his eyes again this time flailing his arms around grabbing at the air and eventually taking a hand full of tree leaves and placing them over his eyes feeling the coolness of the nature.

     "Sun? What in bloody Hell is a sun?! You don't mean to tell me it's that ball of fire do you?" Despite what Ellyn had just experienced she laughed and took in a deep breath of the fresh forest air, taking a hand full of grass she could hardly see from the tower.

      "Yes Blyth, that is called a sun. Your going to have to open your eyes eventually lad." He sighed at the spiders smart words and removed the leaves from his eyes, however they were still confined securely enough it read as if he wouldn't open his eyes again while the sun was still up. Then Blyth deliberately opened one eye and then the other, blinking a few times thinking this was all a dream. The bat let out a sigh of aw as he took in his surrounding.

      "Do you miss your home princess?" Wincey asked after calming himself, Blyth turned to her as she held the grass in her hands. Ellyn sighed once more and turned around to face them.

     ".... Yes... I thought I would never again step out of that tower once the dragon stole me away." Blyth waited a few seconds before speaking again.

      "What are we going to do then? If we bring you home the dragon will surely get you again...." Ellyn froze for her train of thought was out of control. She had to make a decision, she could me a cowered and leave her home to burn in raging flames or she could be a hero and venture back and help. But if she did, how would she save them.... it was obvious she had nothing to offer for their survival and would die along with them. What was she to do?! The train came to a complete stop when Blyth gently placed his hand on her shoulder.

     "Don't fret, I promise you will be safe. I'll see to it myself." Wincey stepped towards them clearing his throat and Blyth climbed up his leg holding his hand out to the princess who took it and was lifted on the spider's back. They weren't really sure where to go now that being heroes wouldn't end well for them.

     "Lets venture to Warwick atleast until I make up my mind." Ellyn breathed as Wincey did as she asked and began to travel towards the mountians.

     Night have hit upon the sky. The group of wizards were seated with the king and queen at the dinner table eating pork with a piece of bread on the side and a glass of water to drink. Alvis was discussing to them the well being of the sword.

     "A dragon's skin is more tenacious then diamond, not even the strongest metal can pierce it. However the purist substance can just as easily cut through it like raw meat. Your kingdom is in no longer a threat your highness." The king rubbed his stressed brow and poked at his food with a fork.  

     "What about my daughter? I-I just want my daughter back." Penny who stared at those amongst the room answered Baldo in his sorrows.  

     "She's still alive.... When Spider and I went to the tower she was still breathing. However she isn't there anymore, but she's still alive."