"Well it looks like we'll be going to more parties when I'm not on set then. Are you going to tell Xanthe about what Mom told you?"

"Yes, I am. I don't want to keep things from the women that gave me a chance to photograph for their fashion line. If it wasn't for them I wouldn't be where I am today. I would probably be living off my parents money like some of my siblings."

"No, you wouldn't have. You were always a big dreamer and whatever you put your mind to you always accomplished it. This would have been no different. Do you remember the Senior Prom you organised for us?"

A smile spreads across her face. "How could I forget that night. You asked me to be your date so you could avoid all the girls at our school. We danced all night long and at the end of the night you kissed me and whispered in my ear. 'I've always wanted to do that.' The next day you came over and told me that it was a mistake to kiss me and that it would be best if we forget."

I was a complete idiot to say that to her that night. I have regretted that moment since.

I shift in my seat and then I look at the table. "I was an arse the next day. To this day I haven't forgotten that kiss. No kiss has ever compared to the one we shared."

"Why are you doing this now, Evan?"

"If we're going to fool everyone that we're in love it's stuff like this that we need to talk about before we move forward."

I hope she's ready to move forward and make people believe that we're together.

"Please jump, Ari."

She plays with her fingers and looks at the table. "I have always liked you more than a friend, Evan. I knew you wouldn't reciprocate my feelings so I just buried how I feel about you. I would rather be your friend and have you in my life than not to have you in it at all." She looks at him. "This is going to be a lot harder than I thought. I don't think I can do this." She stands up and begins to walk away.

I follow her out of the room and I grab her arm and spin her around before she can climb the stairs. "You're not leaving me, Ari. I'm glad that you told me how you feel."

"Really?"

"Yes," I lift her up and carry her to the couch. "All I have to do is figure out the right moment to tell Bethany about what we're doing?"

Her face pales. "No, she's going to ruin me if you tell her."

I place my hand on her face. "What do you mean she'll ruin you?"

Ariana shakes her head. "I can't tell you. If you find out what it is you'll hate me forever and I don't want that to happen."

"It can't be that bad, Ari. I've seen you do a lot of things over the years and they weren't as bad as you thought."

She stands up. "I'm going to my room. Please, don't bother me."

I watch her climb the stairs to the second floor. I hear the door slam.

What could she have done that's making her act like this? Unless it has something to do with the four months she went missing after her twenty-first.

*Flashback*

I was standing next to Bethany when Ariana stumbled over to us. She was wearing a white dress with matching underwear.

You could see through the dress as she was drenched.

A guy stops behind her and wraps his arms around her waist. "Are you ready to get out of here?" He slurred.

"Yep," she kissed me on the cheek. "I'll come by tomorrow, Evan." She walked out of the club with him.

*End of Flashback*

The next morning she never showed at my place like she said she would. It was out of character for her to do something like that.

When she returned after four months she was and entirely different person and no one knows what happened to her during the months she was gone.

I just hope one day she will be able to trust me.

***