Your Life Is A Dream. Mine Is A Nightmare.

Start from the beginning

* * *

It was tranquil day in May. At the age of five I was already very emotional and dramatic at that age. My mom always reminded me that I was a naturally born actress. I usually laughed at that, saying that I would never be as pretty as Megan Fox. She just laughed and wondered where on earth I had ever found out about Megan Fox. I had explained to her that Uncle Brett always talked about Megan Fox and that someday he would marry her. She laughed so hard she was choking and as a child I freaked out and called 991. Once she caught her breath she rushed to grab the phone and apologized to the firefighters. Uncle Brett was my mom's brother who was very dear to her. They had both went to the same school. Brett and Marisol were actually a couple once, but they decided to just be friends. He was older than them by a year. Uncle Brett would often visit on holidays. He always cracked jokes whenever he had the chance to. His favorite thing to joke about was probably about Uranus. If you have no idea what that means I suggest asking a friend.

That quiet day my caring parents and I went to Widow Park which had the best playground on earth and maybe even the best playground in all of the Milky Way (not the candy bar). The playground had a swing set and everything, following the themes of cars on one side and fairies on the other. It seemed a bit cloudy as we drove along the path. My five year old body sat tiredly in the old chipped blue Volkswagen. We smoothly parked our car and got out my red wagon and began to walk along the trail. My parents walked in there matching sweats and I was in the wagon in pink sweats with a Powerpuff Girl's t-shirt still drowsy. Suddenly my gaze lingered over to a group of cute German Shepard puppies. I loved dogs even at a very young age and was never afraid of them. I cheered up quickly right as I saw them wagging their little tails happily. As this happened the sky slowly cleared and you could see part of the sun shyly peeking out of a cloud.

"Would you like to buy one sweetie?" asked the kind lady who wore blue jeans with a black v-neck shirt with silver decorating sequins along the side.

"Yes." I answered for myself unaware that my father didn't really particularly like dogs. He described himself as a cat lover though he was highly allergic to the furry creatures.

"Well you can have to choose the one that you feel a connection with. Its free." she smiled the warmest smile I'd ever seen. I smiled back. I took my time choosing the perfect one. I saw a female with a shiny tan coat and a dark spot on her back. I felt as if she knew me already like in a different time. I named her Malaya meaning free or freedom in Tagalog. We brought her to the car in a dog carrier and she sat next to me. I let her sit on my lap the whole ride. Malaya licked my face almost the entire ride. I giggled with delight and the sky cleared showing the whole sun in the sky.

"You know dear," my mother spoke to me. "You are like mother nature. The weather reacts to your emotions. The sun comes out when you are happy, the clouds come out when your tired, and I bet you it'll rain when your sad." I thought about it a lot when I was a kid. As time went by I started to believe that.

* * *

Our car ride home was wet, sad, and gloomy. I wasn't sobbing as much but salty tears still slid down my face whenever they had a chance. Summer stared out the foggy window and watched the rain splashing against the cold window. My father kept his eyes straight forward watching the road. No one talked, no music was played. The world seemed dead, silent, and still. The world felt like it was at an end. I felt as if my mother's death had sucked every happy thing out of me. I had no energy and from my reflection on the window I was pale. My mom's dead lifeless face flashed in my head. I pulled my legs up so my body was in a ball. I covered my watery eyes with my knees. My body felt numb and yet I was bewildered for not knowing what had happened to my mom or if any of this was reality.

I worked up the nerve, breaking the silence, and asked, "How did mom die?" My father tightened his grip on the wheel. "I mean I know she got shot, but by who and why the hell."

"I'll tell you when you're older," he said calmly. I was fine with this answer because at the same time I was afraid to know the truth. When we reached our house my father told everyone what happened and everyone went silent. No one sobbed like I did, but they did mourn with puppy dog eyes and all. We continued the party but there was less spirit and barely a single person was out of a chair besides the smaller children who didn't hear what had happened and just carried on with their cheerful non-depressive lives. I was longingly praying for this terrible horrid day to be over. Hoping that after this all would be fine and normal again, but this was just the beginning of the nightmare.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It might take a while for the romance to kick into this story so please be patient and continue it! I hope you like it so far. Please comment and vote! Tell me what you like about it! And advice and criticism is welcome too. :)

Check out some of my other stories as well! Thanks for reading it!