Chapter three|| Too much shock

{Octavia's POV}

The ball was packed too much for my comfort. My parents were more excited then I was I believe. My mom immediately went off once she saw someone she knew leaving me and my father in the dust. Then my father eventually left me to talk to other head gammas.

What a great way to start a night; alone and nervous. I huffed picking up my dress as I walked instantly regretting getting such a puffy dress.

As I walked by people, I saw a drink bar and headed over. A girl maybe around my age stood there looking rather nervous. I chuckled softly. I feel you girl. She was absolutely gorgeous as she stood in her gold dress. He dark brown hair was curled to perfection. I was jealous.

"She must be some lucky girl," I said to her trying to make conversation and a smile appeared on her face as I grabbed something off the bar.

"She is..."

"Do you think she's stuck up? In it for the money?" I asked sipping my drink and her eyes widened.

"No! I- I mean, I would hope not." She said with wide eyes and I let out a small laugh.

"I know. I want our queen to be devoted to us wolves, and to him of course. A happy king and queen make us happy." She stared at me with an emotion I couldn't quite grasp.

"She will be. I promise." I turned to look at her and nodded.

"One can only hope, I'm Octavia," I said and she smiled.

"Call me Scarlett." She said shaking my hand.

"Rings a bell," I mumbled. "Have we met?" I asked and she shook her head.

"No I don't believe so, what pack are you from?" She asked.

"Oh, Power pack, alpha Ryker." She nodded and seen the alpha talking amongst others across the room.

"He saved my life not too long ago. He's a good alpha." I said and pulled up my dress a little and showed her my bullet wound from the other night.

"Oh my Goddess." She said and I nodded dropping the end of my dress.

"The hunters are getting bad. I heard the king met with alpha Mason, which can only mean war." The thought worried me.

She looked like she was about to speak when her eyes drifted to someone as the crowd separated easily. No one other than the king walked towards us causing me to almost fall in the floor. Why is he walking this way?!

"Ready babe?" He asked as he reached us and Scarlett smiled, nodding.

"Yes." She mumbled softly, glancing at me.

It took me a minute to process what just happened and my eyes widened. Oh shit. I've done it alright. I basically accused my queen of being a gold digger.

"I promise, I will not let you down." She said to me as he pulled her away as I stood shocked.

"What the hell just happened?" I mumbled and looked at my drink and then threw it back, gulping it down to lighten the embarrassment with a buzz.

"Needed that." I mumbled to myself once more and headed off to the floor watching as Scarlett and the King stood at the top of the steps.

The music was being softened and chatter died down.

"Everyone, you were called here for an important reason, as an introduction and celebration for my mate, Scarlett Madison!" Everyone let out cheers as he wrapped his arm around her.

"She's made me happier these past days I've known her then I've ever been and I know she'll make you all happy and proud." The crowd awed and she blushed looking at her shoes.