Fire surrounded me in the same burning house I’d run from but this time I couldn’t run anywhere, I couldn’t find a way out. Master’s dead eyes bore into me, as his body began crawling towards me. “No, please!” I cried, desperately trying to move away from him but I couldn’t move my feet, it was as if someone had glued them to the ground so that I couldn’t escape. Master’s cold iron grip grabbed hold of my foot, I screamed but nothing came out…

Waking up with a start, I found myself in a white room. After instantly checking around the room to make sure Master wasn’t here was when I suddenly remembered that Master lay with the dead. It had just been a nightmare… this thought relaxed me a little but it was also then that I realized I wasn’t alone in this small white room, with a strange beeping sound in the background. My eyes moved to a chair where a man I recognized sat. Albus Jesusssssssss! I feel special, graced by such wisdom. Oh mighty one! 

Upon meeting his eye, I let my cheeks lift a little but couldn’t quite give a smile before letting my eyes wander the room again. The room wasn’t very big; it had white walls and curtains, which were drawn back on either side of me, not preventing my wandering eyes from exploring my surroundings, two chairs were placed at the end of the bed I lay in, one occupied, the other empty. The beeping sound I had discovered was connected to several wires attached to me, meaning I could safely assume that it measured my heart rate and I was apparently very alive. Hallelujah!  

“Do you know where you are, child?” came the gentle voice of Albus Jesus; it startled me to hear the almost silent atmosphere, aside from the beeping, interrupted.

“St.Mungo’s” I answered automatically while still gazing about the room. After so many years of fearing to meet the gaze of my Master, I hadn’t yet gotten over the habit and still felt uncomfortable looking into the eyes of strangers. Although with the help of the defensive spell book, I had put up every mental defense possible, allowing my mind to remain impenetrable, it didn’t mean my mind was absolutely safe.

“My name is Professor Albus Dumbledore. I am headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry” spoke Albus. Meh, to me he will still be Albus Jesus I thought.

Not wanting to seem impolite I made an effort to reply "Hello, my name is Robyn" I said quietly then gave a small smile. It was only when I tried to sit up in my bed that I remembered how I came to be here. The trusty agony that shot through me reminded me of everything that had happened. “Argghhh” I cried out, clutching my side and breathing heavily, instantly falling back onto my supporter.

“Allow me, you should not move given the injuries you have endured" spoke Albus sincerely as he rose from his seat and proceeded to the side of my bed, where he adjusted the angle of my bed so that I was sat almost upright. "The healers would probably like to hear that you have woken, I shall be back shortly.”

Not a moment too long had passed when he returned followed shortly by two healers; one checked all the machinery while the other drew back my quilt and examined my wound. "It is good news to have you awake, child. Now would you be prepared to answer some questions?" asked the healer, who had now finished the examination and looked at me with a clipboard and pen poised ready to write.

"I’ll do my best" I replied politely, quite aware that Albus Jesus had lent forward slightly in his chair seeming interested in what I had to say.

"Do you know how you received this wound?" began the healer.

"Yes" I replied stiffly, already the reluctance of not wanting to reply had kicked in. Let them help you sweetheart came the soft, feathery female voice from my locket; instantly I wanted to obey, I knew this voice would protect me, the warm feeling told me so.

"And how was that?" when I hesitated the healer added, "it is important we know what caused this injury, child, so we know how to handle and heal it and can help you get better." She said soothingly inviting me to trust her.

"I…" I paused a moment, wondering whether the truth or an altered version of it would be best; I decided the truth would help me more. Taking a depth breath, sending pain yet again running through me, I answered. "I was stabbed" at this, both the healers and Albus were suddenly very still and very silent.