Chapter 5

I groaned slightly and rubbed my eyes. I looked over at the clock and was surprised to see it was two in the morning. Confused as to why I had woken up so early, I turned over in my bed and closed my eyes. Then a knock on the door made me bolt upwards as I realized that had been what woke me up in the first place. Figuring it was Andrés or one of the twins, I got out of bed and made my way to the door, flinging it open with the full intention of yelling at whoever was behind it for waking me up but the words died in my throat as I saw who it was.

With wide eyes, I took a step back.

"What're you doing here?" I asked, unable to help the slight quiver in my voice.

"Where's that bitch-witch?" the blonde vampire in front of me demanded, looking over my shoulder as if expecting her to suddenly appear behind me. "I can smell her and her doggy friend all over this place, go get her for me."

"Why, do you have any idea what time it is?"

He gritted his teeth. "And this matters to me why? Listen human, go get her so I can figure out why it is I can't leave this town!"

"What?" I breathed out.

"Just go get her or I'll snap you're neck!" he reached his hands out as if to throttle me, but when his hand tried to get past the door it was like he'd hit a barrier.

"Dammit." He swore.

"You can't get in, right?" I realized, feeling a bit more relaxed and safe at that realization. "Isn't that one of the things of being a vampire? You have to be invited in?"

The vampire glared viciously at me. "If you don't get her I'll keep you up all night. I will sit here banging on the door until she comes and explains what went wrong with her crappy spell."

"Fine." I sighed. "Jeez, somebody's cranky when they haven't eaten."

"Just because I didn't get your blood doesn't mean I haven't eaten." He told me, with a smug smile.

I shot him a disgusted look over my shoulder as I went off to Trish's room.

"Trish?" I said, knocking on her door before I walked in.

"Wazzup?" she asked sleepily.

"That vampire's at the door." I told her.

Instantly she was awake and jumping out of her bed to make her way to the main room.

"You!" he hissed as soon as he saw her. "Tell me right now what's wrong with me you amateur witch!"

"Oh no." Trish groaned, putting her hand to her forehead and shaking her head. "This is bad."

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"What else did you put in the spell?" the vampire demanded.

"I might've accidently bonded you two when I put the protection spell in place." She groaned. "They're tricky spells to separate since they're so similar."

"BONDED?!" he roared.

"Shut up you idiot, you'll wake up our neighbors!" I hissed at him.

"Let me in." he demanded. "Let me in so you can reverse this spell."

"I don't know how! I'll have to do some research, it'll take some time! I'm not a very strong witch."

"Well what am I supposed to do until then?!"

"What's happening?" I asked a bit louder. They both looked over at me, Trish with a frustrated and worried expression and the vampire looking murderously angry. Finally Trish looked back at the vampire and sighed.