Pride month 2017 & Sun-Kissed anthology *submissions closed*

Start from the beginning

• Story must have a summer and/or Pride Month theme/setting.

• Entries must be submitted on Wattpad and follow the submission guidelines outlined.

• Must be a new story (so written for this contest).

• Must be its own work (so not a part in an already existing short story collection).

• Must be original (sorry, we're not accepting fanfiction for this anthology).

• Must be a completed story, and marked as such before the deadline.

• Please keep it between 1,000-4,000 words (author's notes excluded).

• One entry per writer.

• English language only.

• No mature content. (You can read the content guidelines here.)

Things to Note:

• When linking your story in the form, please be sure not to link us to your 'My Works' page by accident! We will be unable to read your story unless it is a direct link.

• Your story will be judged based on the following things:
- Proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Interpretation of the prompt.
- Originality.
- Engagement. (Meaning: is it enjoyable to read?)

Prizes

We will select 15 lucky winners, with 3 of them being the top winners of the LGBTQ+ Sun-Kissed anthology.

• 12 winners will thus receive a SILVER Sun-Kissed sticker to put on their story's cover.

• And 3 winners will receive a GOLDEN Sun-Kissed sticker to put on their story's cover.

• All winning stories will be featured in the LGBTQ+ Sun-Kissed anthology on the LGBTQ+ Wattpad profile.

• And all winning stories will be included in a reading list on our profile.

Have fun writing! You might just surprise yourself!

FAQ

• How many chapters should I write?
You can write a short story in just 1 chapter, or decide to write multiple chapters if it is longer. Just be sure to keep the total story between 1,000 - 4,000 words and have it completed in time. Do note that for the anthology we will be posting it as a single story part.

• I like to add author's notes to my story/chapters. Do they add to the total word count?
No, the total word count is the sum of all the actual story content. So author's notes are excluded from the total 1,000 - 4,000 words. If you add a glossary that too will not be included with the total word count.

• I finished my story but I forgot to mark it as complete, does my entry still count?
We're afraid that if you forget to mark your story as completed before the deadline, it will be disqualified. Marking a story as completed when it is not will also result in your story being disqualified.

• Is cussing allowed in the story?
We allow some cussing, just don't overdo it.

• Am I allowed to collaborate with friends to make a story?
Yes.

• I don't identify as LGBTQ+, can I still enter?
Everyone is free to enter, no matter how they identify.

Any other questions, please PM us (as we might miss it if asked in the comments).

Pride Month stickers

As for all of you who are writing more LGBTQ+ stories for this month, or have ongoing stories and wish to celebrate Pride Month with us, we have the following stickers available for you!

Feel free to save and use these Pride Month stickers for a book cover of your choice to show your Pride ♥

*LGBTQ+*
*Lesbian*
*Bi*
*Trans*
*Genderqueer*
*Ace*
*Pan*

Note: The LGBTQ+ sticker uses the LGBTQ+ rainbow flag which was originally the Gay Pride flag. This is why there is no separate Gay sticker. The Gay Pride flag is used as the general representation of the entire LGBTQ+ movement. Anyone who identifies as LGBTQ+ (or simply wants to show their support) can use that sticker. Especially since not every orientation/identification has its own flag and we are not able to provide stickers for every existing flag, we encourage those of you who don't see your specific flag listed to use the LGBTQ+ one.

 Especially since not every orientation/identification has its own flag and we are not able to provide stickers for every existing flag, we encourage those of you who don't see your specific flag listed to use the LGBTQ+ one