7-Rain and Clatter

Chapter 7
Word Count:1408

The rain pounded to the ground. Travon and Ajax stomped through the forest to find their mate. Even with their heightened senses, the rain was blocking out their mates scent.

They were getting worried. They could feel her pain and fear spiking every moment. The twins just wanted their Little mate in their arms again. Nothing more, nothing less.
They patrolled through the forest, not caring about the thunder and lightening that struck very few seconds. The twins knew that Farah would get easily scared of the thunderstorm that occurred right at that time.
-
Farah was cold, wet, tired, scared, and sick. Every single bad word she could think of was running through her head. She normally didn't have violent or negative thoughts, but as she she sat in the tree in the freezing cold rain as thunder striked ever so often, she was cursing the twins. They needed manners, and temper classes where they would learn to control both.

She hated how that one moment they were okay and the next they were crushing mountains without realizing such a thing.

She sneezed again and shivered, curling closer into her own body. She wanted warmth and love. She wanted to sleep but that was impossible with the storm raging on.
The cold wet rain soaked through her to her skin, chilling her bones to the core.
Farah let her head lean against the trunk and while going into her happy place, she unexpectedly dozed off.
-
The twins were furious by this time around. They hadn't fourth their mate and the storm hadn't let up. She could be injured or worse, dead. But they would feel that. Their thoughts weren't getting any better when another strike of lightening hit with a huge clap of thunder.
At that second, their prayers were answered. In the midst for a split second, they heard a tiny whimper. Their mate.

Travon looked at Ajax and nodded. Both were on the move to the sound.
Bushes and trees scraped along their bodies, but they didn't care. Coming up to a deeper part of the woods, the trees were packed together more, nearly no room left.

They smelled the air. The hint of their mate was there. Looking up, they found her in a tree, asleep, whimpering while doing so and sick. They panicked. Their mate was not supposed to be like this. If only they kept their temper together. The piece of paper was a note, a promise about their mate. A bad one.
And it ran their control out of the roof. Travon climbed up the tree and jumped to the branch. Steadying himself, he took a look at his mate.

She wouldn't stop shivering and as he took in her blue lips and below freezing body temperature, the guilt rose. Guilt that was swirling inside of him, ready to burst.

He took a hold of his mate and cradled her to his chest. She was frozen to the bone. He knew that much. Farah cuddled closer to Travon. Even though her conscious was upset and fearful of them, her instincts and unconscious was craving to be nearer to them, as much as Farah would disagree if she was awake.

Travon jumped down from the tree and landed gracefully on the ground next to Ajax. Ajax, extremely worried for his mate became even more upset when he took the it's glance at her. He rushed over and thy both cocooned her in their warmth.
"We need to get her warmed up now. She could get hypothermia from how cold she is." Ajax said. Travon nodded in agreement.
-
By the time they had gotten back to the house, they knew that their mate was more sick than before which had the twins on higher edge than before. Travon shifted Farah in his arms making her whine out and Travon bend his head down to his mate and whisper sweet nothings into her ears.

The guards that they passed had lingering looks on their faces. Their worried expressions didn't even compare to the twins, but still they acted deeply for their female leader.

Increasing their speed as Farah shivered and started to sweat more, Ajax linked the pack Doctor and told him to report to their private room immediately. Their private room was basically code for a healing room just for them or their mate. It had everything there.

Walking into the house, they sped their way to their private room and barged through the doors. The doctor was ready for them with his lab coat off and instead scrubs on with gloves over his hands and machines all over the room ready. Travon lay Farah down on the bed and she whined at the loss of contact. The twins' wolves whined out to their mate as she was in pain and filled with sadness.

The doctor got to work, setting up an IV into her system, taking her vitals, temperature, wiping the sweat off her forehead, laying a cold compress ok her forehead while bringing a large blacker up over her body. He wiped the rain water off of her and started to strip her if the cold wet clothes. The twins growled, standing up from the chairs that they sat in and intimidated the doctor to step down.

The doctor bowed his head and craned his neck to them in acceptance. "Sorry Alphas." He apologized. "You may leave while we do this part." Ajax growled out. He nodded frantically and left the room.

Ajax and Travon looked at each other and sighed, not happy with how the day had turned out. They went on either side of the bed and took off the blanket from their shivering mate. Almost whining in distraught, Travon lifted Farah into a sitting position and with the help of Ajax, took her shirt off. They growled once they saw the scars on her stomach. They were going to find it who did this to techie beauty and in return, kill them.

With Travon holding Farah upwards, Ajax went over and grabbed the gown that the doctor had laid out for her to wear. Lifting her arms up and through the shirt sleeves, they pulled the gown down more and then went for her pants. Travon laid her down gently on the bed and took her pants off. They swished and buckled and tangled tighter, having it difficult with how much water was soaked into them. But eventually, they came off.

Ajax hugged their mate and whispered into her ear words that hopefully she could somehow hear while Travon wiped the remaining water off of her legs. He brought the blanket over her body again but they noticed it didn't do any good as she didn't stop shivering at all.

The linked for the doctor to come back in and this time, he had his white coat on with no gloves and a clipboard in hand.

The blue in Farah's lips had dialled down but the frown and creased eyebrows hadn't changed.

"Alphas, your mate is suffering from pneumonia and near hypothermia.  I am ordering bed rest and lots of heated foods with the cold compress on her forehead. She should wake up in the next 24 hours and this should last for about a week. No physical movements and no cold substances until I say so." The Alphas nodded and looked back at their mate.

"Thank you." The twins said at the same time, but still looking at their mate. The doctor bowed and left the room, closing the door behind him.

Ajax and Travon stroked her hair as Ajax lifted her hand and kissed it fondly.

"We're so sorry Little One. Please get better and wake up soon." Travon whispered, leaning down over her body, afraid for his mates health and upset that they couldn't do anything more. Ajax simply stated at Farah. The unshed tears were building up but this wasn't the time.

They looked at each other once again and nodded. Their palms spread out and swirls and shines of magic embedded from them and flowed out. They put them on their mates body and let the energy full through her. They couldn't heal her physically but they could give her mental images of happiness to help her recover better.

This was their Little One, and they would do anything to help her be at least the slightest bit happy, even in a bad situation.