2-Mates and Maniacs

Chapter 2
Word Count: 3385

Farah had her mother wrap her hand again. The blood seeped slightly through the gauze, but not enough for it to be undone and bandaged for a third time today. Her mother had helped her into gold beige dress that was had a satin feeling to it. It was slightly poofy yet wasn't over the top. It was plain at the top and then sort of went out at the bottom, having a few bends throughout the fabric that made it not too plain.

Her hair was half up, half down, done with a nice barrette at the back of her head. She wore the same coloured shoes as her dress and they were almost sandals but more professional and had a strap that went around her ankle and you saw her entire foot but then was pointed and covered at her toes.

The door opened and in came Farah's father. "Hi Papa!" She gleamed, looking at her dad. He smiled, almost sadly. Her smile instantly faltered.

"Fe, I want you by my side the entire night, alright?" She nodded, not wanting to disobey. She loved her father and knew he only did what he did for her and her mothers best interest.

He turned and then left, leaving a slightly afraid and confused Farah, standing there, thinking of what could possible go wrong tonight. And then she remembered what her parents told her earlier. The twin Lycan Alphas were coming. Now she understood why her father was being very strict and protective for her tonight. She took deep breaths and went over to the door, just in time for her mother to come waltzing into the room. Once she laid eyes on her daughter her smile became even bigger.

"Oh honey! You look gorgeous! Come now, your father and Matt are waiting for us downstairs." Farah took her mother's hand and she lead her down the stairs where her cousin instantly embraces her in a hug. She smiled softly and he ruffled her hair.

"Matthew! Don't you dare touch your cousins hair!" Her mother instantly scolded as some pieces of Farah's hair stuck up. He stepped back with his hands in the air, saying 'I surrender.'

"Sorry Aunty." She glared at his nephew and Farah's father chuckled under his breath.

"Come on, the ceremony's about to begin and we certainly can not be late. Besides, the Alpha needs us to be there to greet the guests." Her father spoke. They followed suit and all lined up and walked out the front door.

The ceremony was being held outside in the back behind the Alphas house. Alphas Mike had a son who was going to be Alpha in the next month since he wasn't ready just yet for the role. The Alphas son was named Quint. He was like an older brother to Farah, and she was disappointed that she hadn't seen him today. He usually came around on big days like this, because they normally scared her, but he hadn't come to calm her down at all. Must've been busy. She understood the role that Quint played and she respected him for it, and she decided that if he was busy with Alpha deeds then it was okay he missed out on her. Since Farah was the Betas daughter, a lot of attention came upon her and big days like this, it made her become one of the spotlights and she didn't like that. Thankfully her parents would be by her side.

She tightened her hold on her mother's hand and gripped her arm as though Farah's life depended on it. She took deep breaths to steady herself as they came closer to the ceremony grounds.

"It's okay Farah, no one will hurt you. It's just a ceremony for your cousin. Afterwards, we'll come straight home, okay?" She nodded her head frantically.

The back of the Alphas house was beautifully decorated. At the back had tables filled with drinks and food with chairs put in rows all over the yard. Streamers and banners were hung from the fence line and chairs and tables with some strung across the yard on lines string.