Chapter 41 : Tiffany And Her Stomach

"HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL ME ABOUT THIS?" I shouted at the phone.

"Hey!" Dylan protested, "I did tell you but you were in a hurry. It's not even my fault,"

"Oh well, spare me if I was not interested in watching you and Britney making out on the kitchen counter," I snorted.

I heard him chuckle in response. Shameless man!

"C'mon Sam, you would have known about this if you were regular in your job. And I pay you for this. I am sure you are capable of handling the crisis," I could hear the amusement in his voice, and I so wanted to smack him hard on his head.

"Let's not go to the payment thing. You pay us $3 per day," a huff escaped my nose as I put forth my point, "And let me remind you, uni boy, our deal was of $20 per hour."

"Your fault you believed me," there was a tincture of tease in the way he said that, "How could I pay you that much when I am myself doing a job for survival?"

My face was red with anger by now. In a deadly voice, I replied, "I. WILL. KILL. YOU."

"Fine! I am sorry," he laughed, "By the way, how do you know my girlfriend?"

"We are best friends," I said with sarcasm and ended the call.

With tired eyes, I looked at my mollycoddle who was peacefully sleeping on my bed.

"You had to have diarrhoea today only, right?" I scolded her sleeping figure.

Today, I went to Dylan's place in the afternoon, to bring Tiffany with me. I was just missing her and I wanted her to be there with me for the dinner. But little did I know this kiddo over here had an upset stomach!

Just when I was going to take a shower, an awfully stinky odour made my nostrils scrunch up in disgust.

"Not again," I whispered in horror, looking at the now crying Tiffany. Her sobs became louder and I hurriedly searched for another diaper.

"Sush!" I scolded her again, taking her in my arms and changing the diaper, "This is the seventh diaper you have ruined."

She looked at me with moist eyes and I groaned in response.

"That's the problem with you and Trystan," I pouted at my baby girl, "You both are too cute to be scolded."

She started babbling and gave me a huge smile, showing her now emerging tooth. I pecked her nose and put her in her go cart. My glance went at the clock hanging in my room. It was seven-thirty already. Trystan could come anytime and I was not even ready. With a sigh, I pulled Tiffany's go cart by one hand and held the poop-filled diaper in the other hand.

Walking down the stairs, I dragged my legs to the kitchen. Mom and dad both were busy making different dishes for the dinner.

"Aaron, do not cook anything. I don't want the boy to suffer from food poisoning," Mom warned dad.

He pouted adorably at mom, "Honey, I'm not that bad. You remember I cooked lasagne for your father when I came to meet him?"

Mom shut her eyes tightly at the memory, "Yeah, after which he suffered a very bad case of diarrhoea."

"That's exactly what Tiffany is having, right now," I decided to interfere their conversation, "Trystan could be here any minute. Could you guys handle her for me?"

Dad glared at me while mom took Tiffany in her hands.

"I am not a bad cook," Dad stated with a proud face, not caring about what I said.