Chapter 20 : Hickey

Sitting at the last bench, I was busy making doodles on my notebook. It took no genius to realize that Raine was actually the short name for Lorraine - Tiffany's mother.

I was shattered. There were two possible logics for which Lorraine could call Dylan. Either she wanted to rekindle things with him, or she wanted to take the custody of Tiffany. And both of these reasons were enough to make me worry.

I heard my name being called but I ignored it and continued with my aimless drawing. Then a peace of chalk landed on my head, bringing me back to reality.

"I swear it was Ron's idea, Professor Snape," I shrieked, scared by the sudden impact.

My history professor gave me a baffled look, "Uh, Miss Harris? Last time I checked, my surname was Stokes. Now I would appreciate if you could concentrate in the class."

Everyone started laughing their head out. I mouthed a quick sorry and buried my head in my books, trying to avoid the embarrassment. After that I concentrated on the lecture without diverting my attention. I was lucky enough to not land myself in another of those detentions.

Once the lecture was over, I made my way to the cafeteria. I was welcomed by a sight of Trystan and Jenny fighting like cats.

"Do not touch my fries," she shouted, her face red with anger. Trystan replied by eating another of her fries.

"Yum! Can you bring me more of this thing, Jen?" he asked with an utterly sweet smile, obviously trying to annoy her.

Before she could try an attempt to murder him, I rushed towards them.

"Time out, you two!" I glared at them, "Trystan if you want to eat the fries, you better go and bring it for yourself."

"Awe C'mon, Sunshine!" he pouted, "You are supposed to be on my side."

"Nobody is teaming up with you, jerk," Jenny said through gritted teeth.

"Nobody asked for your opinion, hobo," he replied casually.

I gave a disappointed look to Trystan and took a seat opposite to him. He frowned, mouthing me to come and sit beside him. I, obviously, avoided him.

"Fine! I am sorry, Jenny," suddenly, Trystan apologized to her. Both Jenny and I looked at him with confusion.

"What? Don't expect me to repeat the apology," he frowned.

"Well..." Jenny tapped her fingers on her chin, "Apology not accepted."

I rolled my eyes. Sometimes the tension between them really lands me in an awkward situation.

Trystan ignored her and looked at me, "Now, Can you sit beside me?"

I looked at him in awe. Did he just apologize to Jenny for me? Before I could tell him how sweet he was, I was interrupted by a very annoying voice of Chase.

"Am I the only one who thinks you are totally whipped, bro?" he smirked, pushing me away from my chair. As a result, I landed on the ground with a 'thump.'

Ouch!

"Stop treating her like that," Trystan frowned, lending me a hand.

I took it and stood up from the floor. Before making my way towards Trystan, I kicked the arm of Chase's chair. It made him lose his balance and he too fell off the chair.

Awe! Revenge is the sweetest.

"You b-" Chase was cut off by a fuming Jenny.

"You dare not complete this sentence," she gave him a threatening look. I smiled at my best friend and took my seat.

"Why do you guys always take her side?" Chase pouted.