Chapter 34 : Shattered

Turning around, I snuggled into the warmth of something familar. The rays of the sun were directly falling on my eyes, making me squirm in discomfort.

Groaning in annoyance, I muffled my face under a hard body - a chest, to be specific.

"Mhmm! Don't move," the body moaned.

First, I decided to avoid it. But when the familiarity of the voice and my situation hit me in, I squealed and pushed the person away from the bed. He fell on the floor with a thud.

"Why would you do that?" both Trystan and I said at the same time. Though, our voices held different expressions - my tone was filled with accusation while he had confusion written all over his face.

"I thought you were sleeping on the couch," I muttered, looking at my palms.

Trystan stared at me, and then said in a cold voice, "I was too drunk to decide where to sleep."

I closed my eyes as I remembered last night. Trystan was nowhere to be seen throughout the wedding. I thought he must be upset because of what happened on the dance floor, so he must be in the room. But when I came back, he was not there. In fact, he did not return until 1 o' clock. And when he did return, he was drunk and out of his mind.

"You should take a bath," I said, avoiding eye contacts with him. He simply nodded and, after taking his clothes, went into the bathroom.

Once Trystan was no more in the room, I stretched my arms and looked at the clock.

"It's twelve in the noon," I gasped as I saw the time, "Why didn't anyone wake us up?"

Just when I was about to message Gabby, I heard a knock at the door.

Yawning, I walked towards the door and opened it.

"Aye! When did you turn into a zombie?" Evan frowned, checking me up and down.

I rolled my eyes, "Good morning to you too."

"You mean, good afternoon?" he smirked and I rolled my eyes again. Well, that's the only thing a lazy person can do, without much labour.

"Anyway, I am just here to tell you that get ready fast. We are leaving for the beach," Evan said with a grin, "The bride and the groom wanted to treat us before we leave Vegas, tomorrow."

I looked at him with wide eyes, "We are going to a b-beach? There is a beach in Vegas?"

"Yeah, apparently the hotel that Roger owns has a personal beach for him," Evan rolled his eyes. I started fiddling my fingers in nervousness.

"I know I know! You must be thinking about the clothes and all," Evan blabbered, handing me a bag, "Gabby already arranged it for you. And trust me, I did not peek inside."

I blushed, looking at the white bikini inside the bag. Evan chuckled at my state.

"Tell Trystan about it, too," he smiled.

A frown appeared on my face as I wondered to tell him that Trystan and I are not really on talking terms, right now. Evan must have noticed my foul expression, as he gently squeezed my shoulders.

"It's gonna be fine," he assured me. The firmness in his voice made me want to trust him. With tears at the brim of my eyes, I pulled him into a much needed hug.

"I don't want them to hate me," I said into the hug, obviously refering to Trystan and Jenny.

"Nobody can hate you, Sam," Evan said, patting my back, "Now go get ready. We'll be leaving soon."

I nodded with a smile, after breaking the hug. Once Evan was gone, I waited for Trystan to come out. As soon as Trystan came out in just a towel on, I did not allow myself to look at him, and rushed into the bathroom.