Chapter 9 : Different

"Stay away from me, Man in White," I growled at the doctor beside me.

He looked at me with a scowl, "How am I going to cure your hand if you won't let me touch it?"

"That's for you to know," I gave him a stink eye. He replied it with a death glare.

"Sunshine, I asked Chase to inform your friends. They'll be h-- uh, what's going on?" Trystan entered the room, giving me and the doctor a confused look.

Well, that didn't stop our staring competition.

"Why don't you ask this grumpy doctor?" I replied, still glaring at him.

"More like, why don't you ask your snotty girlfriend?" his glare hardened.

"OK, Time up you two," Trystan came and stood between us, "I am sorry for her behavior doc. Now, I would appreciate if you could tell me what's wrong with her?"

Man in white sighed, "After an hour of bickering, she let me do some X-Rays and tests. According to it, she has just got some minor injuries. Nothing serious."

"That's great. So, can she be discharged now?" Trystan asked, enthusiastically.

"Only if she let us do some dressing on her wounds," the doctor said, giving me one last glare, "Clearly, she is scared of me so-"

"I AM NOT SCARED OF YOU," I shouted, which both the men ignored, as they continued talking.

"-let me send some other nurse in here," Man in white smiled, and walked towards the door.

"And doctor," Trystan shouted, just when he was about to exit, "I don't allow anyone to call my girlfriend snotty."

Man in white chuckled and mouthed a sorry, before leaving the room.

"I would have felt more privileged in being associated with Mr Bean, than being called your girlfriend," I gave Trystan a sour look.

"You know you love the feels," Trystan winked.

Before I could shut him up with one of my canny response, the door opened with a creak and I was attacked by blonde and brown.

"Oh my god, you are alive. I was so scared you won't be here with us to attend the men strip show on my wedding," Gabby sobbed in my neck.

"Gabby, she just fell off a bike, not a jet," Jenny chuckled on the other side of my neck.

"Guys, you are smothering me," I laughed.

"Whoops!" they said, and finally broke the hug.

"Wow, the way Trystan exaggerated it on the phone, I really thought you were on your death bed," Chase snorted.

I tilted my head to have a look at the people. Not only my friends, but even Chase and Evan were there.

Trystan rolled his eyes, "The exaggeration was for Cady."

"YOU LET HER RIDE CADY?" Evan exclaimed with wide eyes.

"Who's Cady?" Jenny asked the same time Gabby squeaked-

"You ride girls?"

"Uh, no. That's not what he meant Gab-"

I was cut off by Gabby's blabbering.

"Six years. We have been best friends since six years, and not even once you told me that you have a thing for girls. Now I understand why you broke Logan's teeth when he kissed you in freshman year. I m-"

"Cady is Trystan's bike, Gabby," Chase pulled Gabby by her shoulder.

"D-did you just t-touch me?" she asked, flabbergasted.