Chapter 13

Lila's POV

I wake up to find a pair of closed eyes right in front of me. I yelped and jumped up, and then breathed a sigh of relief. Alex also jumped up, looking panicked.

"What happned?" he cried.

A bubble of laughter errupted from my throat. Alex yawned, his soft hair all over the place.

"Y-you're face! It was right in front of me!" I laughed louder, clutching my aching belly. Goddess, the way he reacts makes the whole thing a lot funnier then it really is. Alex scowled, his lips twitching at the corners, making him look ridiculous.

We both laid back down on his bed and looked up at the ceiling above.

"How are you feeling?" Alex asked me softly. I grimaced. I remembered how I told Alex about everything.

"Better I guess. I thought you were mad at me for a second or so..."

I laughed shakily.

"No Lila! Why would I be mad at you?! I was mad at the fucking bastarards that did that to you!" Alex growled.

A/N: Sorry if you find the language I used there offensive. There wouldn't really be any other word that portrayed Alex's anger as well and as effectively. Sorry about that.

I felt a tear slide down my cheek, and Alex gently wiped it away. Damn, why do I cry so much?! It's actually pathetic!

"It's funny how you fell asleep again not wearing your pajamas but your normal, casual clothes," Alex pointed out, trying to cheer me up.

I chuckled softly.

"Yeah."

We got changed after I fixed Alex's bed. We then went down to breakfast. All of a sudden, we heard a shrill shriek from outside. Alesha, Michael, Alex and I hastily ran outside. We found Damian writhing on the ground, his bones in different places.

I gasped as I realised what was happening. Alex's face grew pale, and Alesha stood shock still. Michael ran to Damian, quickly followed by us all.

"Forced shift..." I whispered, shocked.

Alex turned to me with panic evident in his eyes.

"Help! What do we do??? It happened to you! Please Lila!" Alex desperately clutched my hands. His love for his younger brother clearly obvious. I nodded and turned to Damian.

"Damian... relax." I said softly.

His face turned to me, his eyes glowing dark gold- his wolf was at surface. Beads of sweat dripped down his face, and he nodded.

"Okay, good boy. Now, can you tell me what happened?" I asked him gently. Alex, Alesha and Michael watched us anxiously.

"I-I smelt my m-mate," he gasped, clearly in pain.

Alex's eyes grew wide, and Alesha gasped. Michael stood still, not moving at all.

"Wow, that's rare," Alex whispered.

The whole pack stood around us, shocked at what was happening to Damian. He began to growl threateningly. I turned to Alex desperately.

"Alex! You need to get the pack away! Damian is feeling threatened, and his wolf will surface quicker!" Alex nodded, and his eyes went glassy. He was mind-linking his pack. The pack started to disperse quickly, and Damian's bones started to crunch, and he screamed in pain. All of sudden, a young girl ran towards us. Damian's eyes shifted to hers. They both howled and Damian began to shift back to normal, gasping in pain. He collapsed onto the floor, absolutely exhausted. I stepped back.

A large black wolf with golden streaks came bounding towards us. It was Alpha Xavier. Alex's eyes went glassy- my guess was he was being mind-linked by Alpha Xavier. The large wolf ran behind a tree. I heard bones crunching back into place.

I looked back at Damian. He was still lying down on the floor, in pain. Alex comforted him by stroking his hair. The mysterious girl that came running towards us stood awkwardly a distance away. Alpha Xavier crouched beside Damian and smiled at him. He then stood up and addressed the mysterious girl.

"Thank you, Nuha," he said, smiling.

Suddenly, a middle-aged man came running, up the hill, out of breath. I sniffed the air. It was a human.

"Nuha! Don't run so fast!"he cried, breathing heavily.

Alex and I looked confused at each other. I then looked at the young girl, who looked about the same age as Damian. She had dark hair which reached her elbow. Her eyes were large and black, filled with innocence. She wore a dress, which I wonder how she managed to run in. She was Damian's mate.

I smiled at her, and she returned it nervously.

"Let's go inside," Alpha Xavier suggested.

As he led the way, we all followed. We entered his office, and the man and the girl called Nuha sat down, while we stood around his rather large office. I wonder how I never noticed how big it was before. Remember the poison? Aurora mentioned in a 'duh' voice. I rolled my eyes mentally.

"This is Nuha and her Dad, Omar." Alpha Xavier explained.

Damian smiled at her, and she smiled back.

"Nuha's mother and Omar's wife was a werewolf, however, very sadly, she got killed by a rogue pack."

Nuha rubbed her eyes and looked down sadly. Omar stared blankly into space, his eyes filled with despair at the memory.

"Nuha's mother's pack told them to contact us, and so here we are. Nuha will be living with us, but Omar will be living very close by, in the human area." Omar nodded, and smiled reassuringly at Nuha.

"He won't tell anyone about us anyway as he's lived with the secret about his wife for this long anyway. But now, we need to discuss Damian and Nuha."

They both looked awkwardly at each other.

Omar cleared his throat and our eyes shifted to him. "So, you guys are mates, huh?"

Damian nodded.

"Damian, show Nuha around the pack house now, and give her a room near yours." Alpha Xavier ordered.

The both nodded, and Damian pulled her out of the room.

"Don't worry about them. They won't feel anything other than being best friends until their sixteenth birthday. It's very rare however to find your mate at this age." Alpha Xavier told Omar, who nodded in response.

"And thank you for contacting us and bringing her here. She'll be in good hands," Xavier added. Omar nodded sadly. "Okay then, I'll show you out, unless you want to stay for dinner."

"No I'm okay," Omar said softly, sad about the fact that Nuha would be leaving his care.

"You can visit whenever you want- you're always welcome," I added. He smiled gatefully at me.

"Thank you."

We reached the hallway, and Alex's eyes went glassy. He must have been mind linking Damian to call him downstairs with Nuha to bid farewell.

Nuha and Damina came running downstairs, and Nuha wrapped her arms around her father. It was really sweet.

"I'll visit soon! Bye Nuha." he called as got into a car. Nuha waved back. The car soon rumbled out of view.

Hello my lovely readers! Sorry this took so long to come out! The character Nuha was based on my best friend and cousin Lotus36007. I hoped you enjoyed this chapter! What did you think of Damian's forced shift, and the meeting of his mate so soon??? Thank you for reading!