Chapter 8

As Alex lay on the grass which was blood soaked from his wound, I desperately tried to make him wake up. Suddenly, Michael, Alesha and Alpha Xavier came over to us. They looked in horror at the dead wolves behind us.

"Lila, how did you kill them?" Alesha gasped.

"I don't know! What do I do about Alex though?!" I screamed in panic.

"Shouldn't he have healed by now?" Alpha Xavier asked.

"The wolves! They had wolfsbane on their teeth!" I cried.

Michael's eyes grew wide, Alesha gasped, and Alpha Xavier clenched his fists and muttered, "The Crimson Moon pack,"

I just looked at him then at Alex. I hugged him tight, and then attempted to push him up, so he was in sitting position. Michael helped me stand him up, and we took him to the jeep that was parked just nearby, and quickly went home. Before we left, Alpha Xavier took a sample of the wolfsbane on the wolves teeth. I spat in the wolves faces before I left. I could feel Aurora anxiously pace around in my mind.

As we came back to the pack house, I had to be separated from Alex. I kicked and screamed. I didn't want to leave him. I was dragged into another room, and one of the pack doctors sat me down.

"Don't worry about Alex. He's been through much worse." she said.

I growled at her. She didn't know anything. She laughed.

"I was that protective too when I found my mate." She laughed. She looked at my wound. "Ouch, that must of hurt. What happened?"

"I attacked them. They hurt him." I answered curtly.

She nodded, and applied an antiseptic ointment to my wound, which hurt and stung like hell. I hissed.

"You're free to see Alex now." she informed me.

I quickly walked to his room.

"Hello guerrero." he greeted me with a smile on his face. He was sitting on his bed, with a bandage wrapped around his thigh.

I walked up to him and hugged him.

"I'm so glad you're alright."

"Haha yeah. Wow, the way you fought was incredible."

I blushed. "What does 'guerrero' mean?" I asked.

"Warrior in spanish." he replied.

"You're spanish as well as English?" I asked.

"Yeah."

I hugged him again. I'm so glad he's alright.

"Can you teach me spanish?" I asked him randomly.

"Yeah, of course," he answered, laughing.

The doctor entered the small hospital room. "You're free to leave Alex. But you're not allowed to go training for two months due the wolfsbane."

Alex cursed. "Oh well. Let's go anyway, Lila. Can you pass me those crutches please?"

I picked up the long, metal poles with some sort of handle and gave it to Alex. I wonder what it's for.

Alex placed it under his arms and stood up. I was intrigued. I followed him outside. The crutches were so cool! We went upstairs into Alesha's room. Alesha sat down on her bed, and me and Alex sat next to each other on the small sofa, and I was careful not to hurt his leg

I suddenly realised that they were all looking at me. "Okay, what???" I asked.

Alesha was staring agape at me. "Where the hell did you learn how to fight like that?" Alex inquired.

I blushed. "I had to learn." My response was short, because I actually didn't know fully.

"B-but your tactics!" Alesha cried.

"How did you see that?" I asked, confused.

"Alex mind linked me and let me see the whole thing." Alesha answered.

"Wait what?!"

"Basically, while Alex was injured, he mind linked me, and allowed me access into his mind, so I saw you fighting, and that's also how I knew to alert Uncle, and come and help you." Alesha explained.

I made a wierd, confused face.

"Just answer the question," Alesha said laughing.

I blushed again. "Well, I kinda had to learn how to protect myself when the packs chased me."

Alex angrily asked me, "Why did they do that?!"

"I was a rogue, and I was looking for a pack..."

It was quite awkward. I hugged Alex to make him calmer, and laughed.

"Chill!"

"Dinner time!" called a pack member from downstairs.

Alesha and I walked downstairs, where Alex- well, he hopped downstairs. We sat down at the dinner table with Michael and Damian. We started sharing funny stories. I didn't really have any. Luckily, I was saved when Alpha Xavier arrived. We all stood up in respect, then sat down when he was at his place.

"Today, I would like to give thank you to someone. They are a new member of the pack, but they have already saved a life, and that too of my own son and our next alpha. Lila, thank you. You fought corageously today, and I am indebted to you for saving my son's life." Xavier declared.

I sat in my place, surprised and embarassed. I blushed fiercely. The entire pack clapped for me. I bowed my head, a small smile playing on my lips. Alex hugged me. The rest of the pack ate dinner, but neither Alex or I were hungry. The attack had an effect on us both. We both had lost our appetite. We just stayed and talked to the others. As everyone got up to leave, Alpha Xavier ushered Alex, Michael, Alesha, our current beta Richard, Michael's father and me into his office.

"Lila, again, thank you so much for saving Alex's life. But now we have a seriosus issue. The Crimson Moon Pack. Have you heard of them Lila?" Xavier asked me.

I shook my head.

"Only they have access to wolfsbane. They must have come after Alex for a reason. But now that you killed two of their members, I'm afraid you're in danger."

I swallowed. Michael looked shocked, Alesha was aghast and Alex looked mad. Beta Richard listened carefully.

"Because of this, we have to get the pack initiation done quicker, as well as the mating process."

I nodded, unable to think of anything. I was so confused. The day's events were starting to take an efffect. I suddenly felt a searing pain in my arm. I winced, and unraveled my bandage. Where my scratch was, it was black and blue. I was astonished. Everybody's eyes slowly fell onto my cut. Alex cursed. Alex curses a lot, I noted dreamily. I started to feel dizzy. I looked up. Everyone had a double. I was confused.

Alpha Xavier said something, but I couldn't understand. I felt like I was underwater. The ground began to spin. I fell, into a pit of darkness, falling, but never stopping.

Alex's POV

Lila nodded confused, but suddenly, I knew something was wrong. She unravelled the bandages on her arm. Her cut- it was black and blue. She looked up in shock. I cursed. This wasn't going to end well. Her eyes weren't focusing anymore. Father muttered that it was slow-reacting poison. She fell backwards, but in time for me to catch her.

"Take her to the pack's hospital!" Alesha cried. I picked her up, and ran, ignoring that I was injured. I had to make sure she was okay first. Alesha followed behind me. Roman howled and whined in my head anxiously, pacing back and forth.