Chapter 4

***Katy***

His name was Nash. A smile crept across my face as I tried to hide the blush. I looked up at Delaney only to get an angry 'tell me what's happening now you bitch' look. I smiled and hid my phone. Payback for that first message. I started giving her the silent treatment and ate my soup extremely slow. The whole time she just stared at me. I looked up to give her glances every now and then but that's the most I would do. She groaned.

"Kates why won't you just tell me! I'm sorry for that first message but now I want to know please?!", She gave me the puppy dog eyes. Damn it. I couldn't resist her forest green iris' staring at me like that. I finally gave in after contemplating the idea.

"Alright fine. His name is Nash, and we are going on a date tomorrow. Or actually we are just hanging out but you know.", I smiled trying to hide my excitement. This was actually happening. Like my god. I feel bad for hooking up with somebody right after a breakup.... but you know what. Maybe Nash was a sign it was time to move on. So I am.

"Oh my gosh Katy! Come on we are so going shopping like oh my Channing tatum! Let's go! We will get you some cute dresses and you HAVE to let me do your makeup!", Delaney squealed as she pulled me out of the seat. She ran practically screaming to the car with me in her death grip. Oh god. Lord be with me please.

**Delaney**

Oh my gosh. My best friend is actually going out with a super cute guy. I'm happy for her! But it's been 4 months since me and Hayden..... I'm starting to feel the deep emotions of the single life tearing into my soul. It's like- I can have the freedom of being single, but I want the responsibilities of being in a relationship too.

I shoved Katy into the passenger seat of her Chevy before speeding to the closest mall around. I knew she hated when I did things like this.... at least that's what she told me. But I knew deep down that she really liked it. I knew her well enough that I could decipher what she would like and what she wouldnt. Now was a perfect time. I pulled into Forever 21 as our first stop.

I looked over to see her glaring.

Haha.

A lot that would do for her now.

Not.

>:)

"Okay so. Today we are getting you shorts. A crop top. Some nice new makeup, some simple jewelery and a cute dress."

Katy groaned loudly and pretended to fall asleep. I knew she was stubborn... but I signed up for this while best friend thing in the first place. It's only fair.

So I pinched her ass and smacked her arm. What a great friend I am ;)

"Hey!! Okay fine I'll go that hurt!", She poked her bottom lip out at me before shifting to unbuckle her seatbelt. I did the same and about 4 minutes later we were walking into the mall.

I looked Katy up and down. Baggy jeans? Gotta go. Band Shirt? Also gotta go. Wrist bands? Definitely leaving. I put my signature death grip on her wrist and dragged her through the long sections of shops. I made the sharp left into Forever 21 before snatching every cute thing I saw and shoving it into Katys arms. Her eyes grew wide as the pile grew.

"Into the dressing room you go!", I gave her a light push into the room before joining her.

She slowly shrugged off her clothing revealing a sports bra and boy cut underwear. Oh hell to the no. Looks like we are stopping in Victoria Secret also.

The first outfit was a mess. A long with the other 4. She decided on a bright orange crop top with a black and white tiger across the front. Her style was definitely weird. She chose a pair of cutoffs to go along with it that came just above midthigh. I was proud of her decision. I don't think I've ever seen her so girly.

After she purchased the clothes, we went to the undergarment store. My god her expression was priceless.  Everything was lace... well a good majority. I made her decide and ended up just getting plain things.. What a waste of my excellent styling abilities! I was standing against the door of the dressing room when a brunette caught my eye. I couldn't tell who he was but I could have sworn I'd seen him from somewhere. Our gazes met and he sprinted over to me. My heart stopped.

"Hey is your name Delaney?"

My cheeks grew pink.

"Uh yes. And you are?-"

"You don't remember me! We were best buds in elementary! It's me Carter Reynolds."

***A/N

Vote and Comment! :D