Sweet Tarts

**Katys POV**

I watched the clock from the back of the room.

2:16

I still had a good hour to go before I was finally out of hell. Literally. I was an outcast. An attention whore. At least that's what they told me. That I was just a mistake. The people at my school don't take notice of me. As if I wasn't even there. It hurt, but deep down inside I knew I deserved it.

2:17.

I'm almost positive I can't take sitting here much longer.  My wrists are in pain from last night's breakdown over the breakup... With a guy I thought I knew. I guess I just couldn't get along with his girlfriend. I groaned loudly before slamming my head down on the desk.

"Miss Alguira! Leave the room now!", Mrs.Anderson hissed. Mrs.Anderson. The wicked female dog. She hated me. As soon as she found out who I was she hated me. Being my uncles first wife didn't exactly help my case when it comes to school... especially after the divorce. I stood up and threw my things down to the floor before storming out of the classroom and to my locker. I was done today.  Enough had happened and I just wanted it to be over. I shoved my things into the old corduroy backpack before exiting the building.

My phone buzzed as soon as I reached for my keys.

From Delaney: Hey are you alright? What's wrong? Is this a Starbucks situation? I can go if you'd like.

I smiled at how much of a white girl my best friend was. I'm sorry, not my best friend. My sister. I sat down in the worn down Chevy.

To Delaney: No babe don't miss school. I'm fine. just a bit of trouble with focusing.

From Delaney: Don't think you can pull that crap with me Kates. I'm in your civics class now unlock the door. I'm freezing my ass off out here.

I heard a tap on the passenger window before looking up to see the wavy blonde haired beauty. I unlocked the car as she sprinted in. Before asking or saying anything she pulled down the mirror and touched up her hair and makeup. Classic Delaney.

"Okay. Now your telling me what's wrong. Or else I will not talk to you for like a whole 30 seconds. Now spill.", Her green eyes dug into me as she flashed a smile.

I sighed and put my hands on the steering wheel, gripping it with enough force to launch a rocket. Delaney eyes were scanning me... trying to figure it out. She nudged my shoulder before glaring.

"Now Katy."

"Fine. Fine! Okay I broke up with Drew because he was dating somebody else. I looked through his phone and she had sent him nasty pictures. so that's what's bugging me. Not to mention I got virtually no sleep last night and haven't eaten in 4 days.", I could feel the tears brimming my eyes as I mention Drew. I had never been in love before and I thought I had felt it with him.... but clearly not the case. Delaney pulled me into a hug and patted my hair.

"He isn't worth the tears bae. He is just a piece of white trash you'll find somebody else. I promise.", She tilted my head up and gave me a warm smile. This is what best friends are for... am I right? I nodded and sniffles up the rest of my tears.

"Thanks Lane.", I started the ignition immediately. She smiled at me as her stomach made the all to familiar dying whale sound meaning she was hungry. I laughed as she tried to make sounds over it. Too Late. "Uh McDonald's or Panera?"

"Panera. Do you even know what the put in McDonald's food! It's not even real chicken! It is like pink gooey stuff that they shape with cookie cutters to look like chicken!!", Delaney ranted about McDonald's food the whole 30 minutes to panera. I'd nod every now and then to show I was listening as she explained the calorie difference between a french fry and an apple. Where did I find this chic?

As the line got shorter, Delaney and I both ordered the same thing. soup and a half sandwich.  Delaney found us a seat as I waited for the food. It took up two trays. I was trying to focus as I tilted left and right to try and balance out our food.

"Oh hey let me help you with that!", I turned around to have one of the trays taken out of my hand. I looked up to see a beautiful blonde... was it right to call a boy beautiful? Know what I don't even care. He smiled and my heart melted. His stunning blue eyes pierced my soul... I mean they would if I had a soul. He cleared his throat.

"Uh miss where are you sitting?"

I shook the details out of my head and entered back into reality.  I pointed to the table with my free hand and he nodded walking towards it. He played the tray down after I did and smiled. My god what a handsome smile.

"Thank you so much for doing that. I'm a clumsy mess... I probably would have ended up doing a gravity check if you weren't so kind.", I flashed an apologetic smile as he shook my hand. Eek! He was touching me!

"Oh don't let it get to you-?"

"Katy.", I blushed. His face lit up.

"My gosh what a lovely name. Don't let it get to you Katy. It was my pleasure.", He grabbed a napkin and scribbled down his number sloppily before exiting. Delaney looked up at me in awe. I sat down, my cheeks still burning with embarrassment. How could a guy like THAT talk to a girl like ME?

"Katy who the hell was that.", Her eyes trailing where the boy had stood.

"I honest to god have no idea."