Chapter 16

*Katy*

My fingers glided across the ivory keys of the Grand piano. I cleared my throat as I started playing the introduction to Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran. Within an instant I closed my eyes.

Pure bliss surrounded me. I gathered my courage and started singing. As I reached the bridge I felt eyes on me.

I opened my own and looked around. I was in a white room. Filled with people dressed in the most lovely gowns. My hands had stopped playing. There was a woman in the back.

My mom.

Her long black hair pulled back into a tight bun. Her long blue dress gave her tan skin a glowing quality.

Tears brimmed my eyes as she smiled at me.

"Keep playing baby.", Her hushed voice whispered. I smiled and nodded.

My voice caught in my throat as my dad appeared behind her. He wrapped his arms around my mom's shoulders before smiling and nodding at me.

I played on. Taking pride in what I was doing. My vocal chords shrank and expanded to the pitches. At the end of my performance, everybody clapped.

I stood up and ran to my parents. They smiled and hugged me.

My mom ran her hands through my hair holding me tight.

She kissed my head and whispered,"It will be alright."

I smiled and hugged her tight back.

"I know it will Mom. I always knew it would.", I looked up into her eyes before I heard it. The scream.

I felt my mom's body jerk. She coughed blood up onto my dress. I looked in horror as she smiled at me through a fake expression.

"It will be alright.", She looked into my eyes with the same sickly grin. I looked down after feeling a sharp pain in my abdomin. 

Only to see a pistol. Blood dripped from my body as I started seeing black dots. I cried out in horror as my mom backed away.

"Bye Baby.", And just like that everything went black.

I sat up and screamed at the pain radiating from multiple places on my body. In an instant 2 strong protective arms were embracing me.

I cried into the person. Unknown who it was. I cried like there was no tomorrow.

"Shhhhhhh it's okay love. It was just a dream.", Nash spoke softly and kissed the side of my head.

My sobs quieted down as the pain increased.

I had no recollection of what had happened or why I was here.

My voice caught in my throat.

"Nash what happened? Where am I?", I croaked.

"Your in the hospital babygirl. You fell off the bridge at the park remember? right into a broken pile of glass.", He smiled warmly.

-------

oooooh.