Chapter 21: Graduation party

After the graduation ceremony I got straight back into my pyjamas and went into bed under my thick duvet. I looked up to my wall clock to see it was only 4pm, which gives me two hours to get ready for the graduation party my family were throwing me. It seemed a little excessive but my parents are so overjoyed they want to share their happiness in a form of a party apparently.

I got up to wash my face of all the make up I had on, the cool water felt really nice against my skin.

Going through my wardrobe I ended up with a black jumpsuit with pantaloon style legs so they were baggy. I put on a bomber jacket and my favourite beige scarf. I decided to smoke out my eyes a little more, I mean this was a party after all. My lips were a bold red and lashes were covered in enough coats of mascara to make them able to just touch the bottom of my eyebrows.

I jerked my head towards my dressing room door as I heard a knock.

"Come in" I said while touching up on my highlight. It was the twins, had a feeling they wouldn't leave me alone about Kol. They're way too nosey, but to be fair I would act the same and probably even more obsessive if the situation was turned around.

"What do you want?" I groaned seeing their identical reflections in the mirror.

"Nothing, just spending time with our sister is all." Zaid said as he picked up my diploma and started looking in the cylinder

"Also, we're here to convince you to marry Kol" Navid said bluntly.

I turned around and stared at them both. I didn't know what to say. I wouldn't need much convincing, I had already said yes to Kol. We're just waiting for his cast to heal. Nevertheless I literally just graduated I haven't even had time to sleep yet.

"I will. Once he's healed." I replied

"Well, baba doesn't seem to think so." Said Zaid

"What do you mean?" I looked at them in curiosity

"Well we over heard a conversation he had just now. And all we'll say is... prepare for a month full of grooms and families coming to visit you cause he's got loads in mind" Zaid laughed

"WHAT?!" I shrieked "How many exactly? God I literally just graduated a few hours ago and baba wants to get rid of me already?"

"Well he listed a few names to mum, but I'm guessing maybe in the 20's?" Said Navid "but it doesn't matter, just tell him you want to get married to Kol and he'll back off."

"No I don't even want to think about that right now. My new job, I gotta sort out my life. Also I don't even know if baba will accept Kol or not."

"He has no reason not to," Navid protested "Our families get a long, heck our dads are even golfing buddies. They may as well be wearing BFF necklaces. Also he's rich, funny, and a decent Muslim. Oh and let's not forget the fact that he's crazy about you."

I sighed and put my head in the palm of my hands while my elbows rested on the dressing table. Did I really want to marry Kol? I still don't know him. I've only met him a few months ago, how can I be so sure he's who I want to spend the rest of my life with?

Zaid was playing with my diploma cylinder but when he opened it he found a little box. "No way, your uni gives out Swarovski gifts too when you graduate?!" He said

I completely forgot, my surprise from Kol. "No it's from Kol." I said as I grabbed the little box off Zaid. I opened it to see a little charm of a graduation cap, it has embedded Swarovski crystals on it which shined in the light. I couldn't help but smile, it was so pretty and thoughtful. Behind it the letter K was engraved. Did that stand for my name or his?