Chapter 5: Happy Gas

"Alright Khadijah," said Suzy my dentist "this treatment is actually quiet heavy going so we're going to have to put you under gas okay? Just know that you won't be able to drive for the next hour or so" I nodded. I wasn't usually nervous going to the dentist but I've never been on gas before. I dropped my bag on the floor and got up on the chair. The blinds made shadows on my legs which looked cool so I took a picture and posted it on Instagram. I came straight after my morning jog hence why I'm still in my running clothes.

They put the gas mask on my mouth. I counted back from 10 and I completely blacked out at 7. I can't even remember what I dreamed about but it was like taking the best nap of my life. When I woke up my face felt numb and I had a lisp. I wasn't in pain or anything I just felt really heavy. I somehow managed to walk to my car and turned my key to start the engine. I knew I shouldn't drive but it was only 5 minuets away and all I wanted was a milkshake and my bed.

The road wasn't that busy and not much traffic but I could feel a headache creeping in. My head started spinning and I felt so drowsy so I stopped at a side road and got out the car feeling more sleepy. It wasn't safe for me to drive right now, desperately seeking some fresh air I got out my car and sat on the pavement with my head in my hands. I was there for a few moments until I felt someone hold me up, carrying all my weight. I'm not sure if I was hallucinating this but it looked like  Kol, carrying me.

"Hey," Kol helped me up "Are you okay?"

"I had the dentist. And I shouldn't have driven because. Happy gas." I managed the get out with my lisp

"Happy gas?" He asked to confirm, that idiot probably didn't even understand what I said. Stupid lisp.

"Happy gas so the dentist can play around with my teeth" I said whilst opening my mouth as wide as I could to show him. I noticed his dressed sense and decided to compliment him "You look really good in a suit by the way." He wore a white shirt with two open buttons and a grey jacket and trousers.

"Alright, let's get you home now" He carried me to his car. I was too out of it to look at the car properly but it was black and the doors opened upwards into a very fancy interior. "Wait my car."

"Don't worry about it" While Kol carried me I tucked my face into his collar bone and inhaled in his scent. Behind his cologne I could smell something husky and masculine but also sweet, I wasn't too sure how to describe it but it smelt good. Was that weird? I'm in a weird mood now, I looked up to see his face and I had this urge to feel his light beard. It was jet black like his hair. Kol tucked me in the passenger seat and fastened my seatbelt for me.

"You smell really good. Like not just now, you always smell good." I said sleepily

"Nice to know" chuckled Kol

"Wait." I held his wheel before he started to drive "I want a milkshake" I demanded. At this point I really wasn't thinking about anything I was saying at all. Everything just came out my mouth like word vomit.

"Are you allowed a milkshake?" He asked looking at me with an amused look.

"Yeah, just no solids" I lied. I really didn't know what I was allowed or wasn't but all I could think about right now was a Krispy Kreme shake. "Go to Krispy Kreme and then take me home."

"Fine." He chuckled and started driving. Was he laughing at me? How rude. But to be honest I really couldn't care less as I was dreaming of my shake. I saw the control panel between Kol and I and started pressing the buttons, they all did different things then hot air blasted on my face and I could feel my seat warming up. Then music blasted out from his radio.