rivers

Estella blinked open her eyes and glanced over to the warm body next to her

Estella blinked open her eyes and glanced over to the warm body next to her. James had his eyes tightly closed and his mouth slightly agape. She couldn't help herself but smile. James shifted his position and pulled Estella closer to him. He was sweaty from the humidity and last nights events.

"James you're sweating all over me," Estella grumbled.

His eyes remained closed as he smirked.

"Didn't bother you last night," he whispered.

Estella couldn't help her mouth dropping open and smacking James hard on the arm. He winced but nevertheless continued to pull Estella closer. He was like a giant teddy bear.

"Estella! Estella!" a voice from outside echoed.

Estella recognized the voice as Slivko's.

"Oh no no no no no no," Estella began to panic and scramble for her clothes.

James took a little longer to comprehend what was happening and wrapped the blanket around his waist. Unfortunately, both Estella and James were attempting to cover themselves with the blanket and succeeded in yanking each other back onto the bed.

"James!" Estella shouted.

It was too late as the flap of the tent flipped open, revealing the two half naked soldiers. Slivko went to open his mouth before his eyes widened.

"Someone got busy last night," Slivko laughed and shook his head slowly, "We're heading out soon."

As he left he sent James a wink and a thumbs up.

"Immature," Estella whispered.

James leaned over and placed a small kiss on Estella's cheek before slipping on his shirt. Estella didn't realize how much she missed the abs before they were covered.

Together they redressed themselves and packed up any scattered supplies they could find.

The beautiful sun shone a bright light over the village as Estella and James walked hand in hand towards the boat. Only Slivko stood by the boat with a smirk still on his face.

"Where's Marlow and Mason? And Victor?" Estella questioned.

Slivko gestured to the ship and right on time the three of them emerged from the broken hull.

Things weren't all peachy on the boat as they prepared for the engine to start. James and Estella both pulled and lifted on whatever they could to get the engine running. Slivko worked the wiring and called any orders.

It seemed like forever before the boat roared to life.

"We did it!" Estella shouted and jumped into James' arms.

They hugged tightly together and James planted a kiss on Estella's forehead. Mason looked at the two of them with a light smile. Her matchmaking senses had been right.

"Let's get this show on the road!" Marlow shouted.

ANOTHER CHAPTER IS COMING TODAY!

- Em ;)